Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne Gaming  (Read 2351 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: AmigaOne Gaming
« on: February 12, 2003, 11:17:09 AM »
Don't forget the 2D functions... I think that they are still important. I'd like to see the graphics.library adding the p96 functions and support for hardware functions like alpha channel etc... in another thread someone told us that functions like BliBitMapMask() are not hardware accelerated. That's no good for 2D games. I agree with you: Nova5 is a priority after OS4 is released (but don't worry much about this, Hyperion is a company were the love to make games and surely it will be released soon). I'd like to see better 2D support. For example doublebuffer, transparency, better blitter support... many of this things are posible using SDL... I guess that once OS4 is released the author of WarpSDL will release an OS4 version, and I think that it will be quite fast :-)

@Helgis75
I don't think that we see new AmigaOne models with Articia P so soon, but it would be great :-)
Hey, and Pegasos too...
let's hope Eyetech sells lots of AmigaOnes and Hyperion decides that the market is mature enough to release a usb dongle to run OS4 on the Pegasos
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: AmigaOne Gaming
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 11:37:50 AM »
@ksk
I like the idea of adding functionality to the dongle. For example, a usb dongle that allowed you to connect Amiga floppy drives (or a floppy disk device like the one someone was doing to use with Amithlon), that would help people with Pegasos/LinuxOnes to read their old Amiga software and it would be more interesting than pirating it. As pegasos only has 3 pcis I wouldn't put the dongle in a pci card...
On the other hand if someone released an AGA pci card with included monitor switcher it would be a good idea to include the OS4 dongle there :-D
To add functionality it may include a BT878/848 to be able to watch TV and view in a window the AGA output if you want.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)