Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quake II on a 68060 @ 50Mhz?  (Read 9931 times)

Description:

Offline mdwh2

• Show all replies
Re: Quake II on a 68060 @ 50Mhz?
« on: June 15, 2003, 03:03:43 PM »

Leo42 wrote:
I'm already using UAE to developp Amiga/MorphOS software...

If some 68k renderer was available, I would be able to developp 3d apps/games as well... (no matter at what speed it would run: it's just for testing...)
Don't forget Mesa.. I've used it to do some 3D stuff under WinUAE, and the software renderer runs okay (albeit, slowly).

Offline mdwh2

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 03:11:48 PM »

KennyR wrote:
Well, why not go the whole way and give your cash to Amiga hardware developers instead of PC ones?
What new hardware that runs AmigaOS is this exactly? AmigaOS for the AmigaOne isn't out yet.

Offline mdwh2

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 07:40:25 PM »

KennyR wrote:
If we can discard the name for a moment (which is just baggage), Pegasos and MorphOS are currently available. And before anyone goes flaming and saying that's not an Amiga, neither is a PC running UAE. And I'll tell you something else - it runs PPC and Warp3D applications, it doesn't cost the earth, and it's a lot faster than UAE on any machine.

And if we discard the name for a moment, you can also run Amiga software on things such as UAE or Amithlon on an x86 PC.

I never claimed that UAE is the fastest way to run Amiga software, or that it is the best or only solution - simply that it is a solution, and shouldn't be considered as not supporting the Amiga market or whatever.