Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The future of Amiga.org ...?  (Read 24190 times)

Description:

Offline ceaser

• Show all replies
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »
I'm not too great with Amiga's either.  Finally figured out how to get a CD-ROM installed in my 4000 along with a nice CD32 emulator finally yesterday.

I asked you to remove some dumb post of mine once and you actually responded to me.  It's a thread I never have to look at again since I fixed the problem now so I won't ever look at it again.

I know a good admin though.  I abandoned Amiga in 1995 only to spend a couple thousand this year to revive it.  I see what you're saying.  Also I don't think there's anything wrong with getting 10k for a site.  We're in the digital age.  Websites get bought and sold like everything else now.

With that said this is without a doubt THEE place to go for Amiga questions.  Every time I have asked for help here, there has been some kind of answer within a 1/2 hour from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.  This is NOT like any other Amiga forum I've found.  No doubt this is a very wonderful site.  When people say "you should ask the community I don't know" in relation to Amiga questions, they mean go to Amiga.org.  Most Amiga forums I've gone to have newest posts from 2004.  Or maybe they'll have a post or two from 2007 after a guy asked a question in 2004.

I've been here only a very short time Wayne but don't be concerned about some other person knowing more than you about some hardware.  And absolutely if it's just not your main hobby anymore then it's not your main hobby.

I hope you find a good friend who wants the site.  These types of deals are so famous for going sour (selling websites).  But from what I've seen you know plenty about Amiga.  And the admin of the site doesn't have to be the most knowledgeable, but just someone who cares.  Sounds real lame.  I know.  Those are my thoughts though.

God bless you Wayne.  This forum is great!
it\'s too bad she won\'t live, but then again who does?