Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 1219 times)

Description:

Offline MyraTopic starter

• Show all replies
Newbie questions
« on: July 20, 2003, 02:24:27 PM »
Oi,

I've just acquired a plain Amiga 1200 with 1 GB HD, 3.1 kick + system. Its mostly for nostalgia's sake, so I won't run the latest apps. Mostly old games and demos, I hope they install easily on the HD. Don't think I'll upgrade it. But the Amiga always was special to me, had much fun with the games and Amos Pro & Deluxe Paint.

Anyway, Amiga Explorer is running ok (although slow...  :-x ), so is Workbench 3.1. But got some questions:

First the HD. It has 2 partitions, I think I want to make it one. Or is that not recommended? How many partitions do you have? What tools should I use etc?

My Amiga is NTSC, although its keyboard is UK... :-? So I want to boot my Amiga automatically in PAL. The 2 Mouse button menu doesn't have a save, so how do I put  Degrader in the WBStartup (without the menu, like in a script/batch file) so it automatically runs 50 Hz at every boot (also cold boot)?

Offline MyraTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 12:27:20 AM »
Thanks for the help and links.  :-)

About degrader. I'll add that line to startup-sequence tomorrow. I think I'll buy a Blizzard 1230 and add some RAM to it. Might as well buy OS 3.9 to go with it, since I can install it in WinUAE too, right?.

If I purchase OS 3.9, can I install it without a CD-Rom drive? Will copying the CD to the HD, and installing from there, work? On amiga.com's site it says it requires a CD-Rom drive...