Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore: The Amiga Years book update  (Read 9003 times)

Description:

Offline bbagnallTopic starter

• Show all replies
Commodore: The Amiga Years book update
« on: April 19, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »
Just a note for those who pre-ordered Commodore: The Amiga Years online or from a bookstore. My distributor has recommended cancelling the original 2015 Amiga book with its previous ISBN (978-0994031006) and resubmitting it for the fall 2016 catalog.

What does this mean? First, people who preordered from Amazon and other places will receive a notification that the book has been cancelled. I want to assure you this does not mean the actual book is cancelled. This is being done on the recommendation of my distributor because large retailers will begin to drop their preorders when a book is delayed too much (the book was originally scheduled for late 2015 and has been pushed back to summer 2016). I really didn’t want to do this to those who preordered but am reluctantly following what my distributor tells me as they have experience in this area.

So as the book appears on Amazon and other places it will be cancelled but the same book will reappear with a different ISBN in a few weeks or months. If you don’t want to wait, you can also use my Kickstarter preorder page and also receive some Kickstarter bonuses, plus the title will ship about a month earlier than it will from Amazon.

My apologies for any annoyance this causes and also for the extended work schedule of the book. After the attention the Kickstarter received, many more interviews came forward who had great information to contribute to the book. It went from just 12 planned interviews to over 24. Though it is taking longer, the good news is the book is progressing rapidly and the story will be better than ever thanks to the additional insider information! I look forward to sharing it with everyone.

Preorder page:
http://variantpress.com/the-amiga-years-kickstarter/