Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 87655 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:54:46 PM »
@Thomas so is it even necessary to have the maxtransfer field available? If it's not necessary for the user to change it shouldn't the field to edit it just be removed?

We've been trained over the years to diddle with maxtransfer for various devices. If it is handled automatically now, if a user doesn't read the documentation before using (I know, I know, but that's another discussion), wouldn't having it available for them to diddle with just cause problems?

I guess the questions that need answering to make it clear follow. Are there ANY circumstances with 3.1.4 that maxtransfer should be edited? Is it the case that whatever is entered is ignored since it is handled automatically now by Kickstart / devices?

MaxTransfer is not an issue on scsi.device. Many third party scsi devices do need it.  ;D

Offline Gulliver

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:50:45 AM »
@klx300r

Hi, Just edit the script with any Amiga text editor, including ED, and remove/comment the lines about the Modules disk, save an run it.

The modules disk is only usefull to copy the LoadModules command to c: in your case.

The following users thanked this post: klx300r