Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 5019 times)

Description:

Offline Debaser

• Show all replies
Re: Now what?
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
Well put Iggy.

Let's pause for a moment and think about who has the most to lose in dropping the line that built your business. The distributor/mfg, or the reseller. :) I mean come on... painting a picture of sour grapes or hissy-fits and lack of gratitude is silly given this dealer's investment and hard work. I am pretty sure they were probably the biggest gift and shot in the arm that Amigakit has ever seen (maybe going on on a limb but ummm.... call another dealer and ask if they have stock for same-day shipment, I dare you... just a hunch, but a strong hunch)

ehh... I will just shut up. I just hate to see mud slung on a small business trying to make something happen in our crazy ass hobby.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:53:24 PM by Debaser »

Offline Debaser

• Show all replies
Re: Now what?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 01:55:41 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;826323
My intent was not to "sling mud" at either AOTL or AmigaKit.
Rather, I felt a bit put out by that comment on "unprofessional" behavior.
I had money stashed in a gift certificate @ AOTL (for a future X5000 purchase) that I've just pulled out to buy an SSD for a MorphOS system.

Not a good situation, but I'm sure there is a reason for our only US Amiga vendor to back away from AmigaKit.
And while we may never know what this is, but I'm already affected by this, and its not a good situation.
I WON'T be paying for shipment of an X5000 across the Atlantic, so we'll have to see how AmigaKit compensates for this (because, while they operate a "US" store, they afair, do not have US warehouse facilities).

Sorry Iggy I was simply saying that I agreed with your post.. my comments below were directed at those who we stating in some way that AOTL was in the wrong or being unprofessional.

Offline Debaser

• Show all replies
Re: A sad day
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 12:07:54 PM »
Merlanida (sp)? or was it that milspec guy from Oregon???

Edit: Doommaster aka Doomy! How could I forget. :) I am getting old.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:16:30 PM by Debaser »