Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New iMac  (Read 5696 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: New iMac
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:59:53 AM »
Macs do hold their value better than a generic pc, but that pretty well countered by the fact you pay much more for an equivalent mac.
Over the course of a few upgrade cycles, even if a person sells the old mac to recoup some costs you're still paying a lot more for macs. Personally I don't get the appeal of paying so much more for the same thing, but to each their own.
And compared to OS4 hardware its still a bargain :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
i7-4790k, 480gig sata3 ssd (Kingston), mobo, 32gig ddr4@3000mhz, gf 780ti, 5k screen

cost me $1800 aud./$1600 USD all up (granted, I get screens at 50% off though). Im a little shocked at the prices people mention for pc gear. Usually seems a lot more than I experience.

How does this compare to a mac? (pretty much rhetorical, I know the answer)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:51:28 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
Yeah, the ability to upgrade when and what I want is great.

It's not like software ceases to function if I don't constantly upgrade, but if somewhere down the track a piece of software comes out where having something upgraded is enough of a benefit to bother with then it's good to be able to upgrade that component easily.
I tend to pick carefully too, so to syphon parts down to my aros or amithlon machines when I do eventually upgrade something. This way buying one component can effectively upgrade 2 or 3 machines.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:34:30 PM by fishy_fiz »