Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga A1200 query on games Software failure  (Read 389 times)

Description:

Offline swood123Topic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga A1200 query on games Software failure
« on: March 10, 2024, 03:27:54 PM »
Hi all,

I have an Amiga A1200 but new to this computer.  I previously had an A500+ a long time ago.  I have performed a number of updates and bought my own copy of Workbench 3.1.  I also have a PiStorm fitted to the machine which increases the speed somewhat.  Also, just bought myself a Gotek and I although new to this I have worked out how to copy software from the Gotek back to disks etc. and I suppose the next step is adding a switch so I can fool the Amiga into thinking the Gotek is drive DF0 etc. 

My problem is I am struggling to play any games on the Amiga either via floppy or directly via the Gotek.  I keep getting software failures.  I havent yet recapped the board (only just received a recap kit), but I have checked over the caps to ensure no leakage etc.  I am wondering if I need to upgrade the actual ROMs on the board itself to 3.1 minimum?  I initially assumed not as thought the PiStorm32 lite took over from these but do I have this correct?

Regards
Steven

Offline swood123Topic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga A1200 query on games Software failure
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 03:26:19 PM »
Ok so I am going to have to learn WHDload also....  Maybe this is a job for a Friday :)

Thanks all for response.

Regards

Steven