Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor  (Read 42637 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 07:11:36 AM »
Blame Canada... I mean Hyperion!

Now AmiKit know what it feels like to be kept waiting or ignored!

So while I have the chance;

Dear AmigaKit,

Are you planning to populate the mobos you have to produce the CD32 compatible joystick/mouse switchers any time soon?

Product Code: JOYMSESW2

Secondly, is the Rapid Road A1200 Edition compatible with the clock port on the Prisma MegaMix?

I thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

P.S. All the best with the A1222 Plus launch, I hear it's getting close?

God bless
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:15:51 AM by BozzerBigD »
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 07:49:03 PM »
As far as I know both questions are still open tickets with AmigaKit. I have asked both questions multiple times both using their customer support web page and on forums. They refuse to answer irrespective of whether they have unpopulated switcher mobos in stock (they do) or have Prisma Megamix boards in stock (they have had them in stock when I've asked previously).

As always their achilles heel is communication. This is why RetroPassion is doing so well! He is a great communicator and eager to please. Matthew and Co. less so IMHO.

Dear AmigaKit,

If you want to sell me an unpopulated switcher mobo I'd be interested; how much?

If you want me to buy an A1222 Plus when Hyperion start playing nice again be more nice to us and answer our questions and order queries this decade!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 09:05:29 PM »
@outlawal2

How rude! The "unrelated questions" were used to demonstrate how you are unlikely to get ANY response from AmigaKit irrespective of the fact that they presumably want to actuallly SELL a few of these boards to customers who TRUST them to deliver!

Read between the lines to see what I am saying! Please!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 09:12:37 PM »
@outlawal2

P.S. Trevor has made it clear that it is now Matthew's responsibility to deliver the A1222 Plus NOT his. Don't put this on Trevor as he got Varisys to design it and then he paid Varisys for the design outright in perpetuity and then paid for the redesign and protoyping with ACube! Trevor has done his bit at this point.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 09:16:08 PM »
@outlawal2

Additionally, Trevor has been helping David Pleasance write an Amiga book and has ongoing commitments with his investment angel thing! He is not dead. The question should be is System 54 worth Matthew's time or should he be focusing on customer service before there are no customers!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 12:25:49 AM »
Fine. Point taken. Thanks.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 11:54:14 AM »
@cehofer

Great news! Such a shame that the availability of this product is like asking for birth control from behind the counter!! Push this thing A-EON!!! ::)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2022, 02:17:12 PM »
... and why can't AmigaKit bring themselves to bury the hatchet with Hyperion and continue to sell the X5000 with OEM AmigaOS license?

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2022, 02:21:20 PM »
Oh yeah, the support for the CPU in the X5000/40 is over as of May 2022 (over two months ago) even before it's on general release! Insane!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 11:50:33 PM »
@cehofer

I think it's more of a case that another X5000 production run is unlikely to be green lit while...

A) The initial A1222 Plus order has not been placed (it is likley to be 200No. units now and hence quite an outlay).

B) There is still surplus X5000 machines on sale from Amedia.

C) The OEM license standoff between AmigaKit and Hyperion remains.

Sad but true. Also, I don't know how many P5040/P5020 chips they've stockpiled. They won't be getting any cheaper now that they're unsupported by NXP.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2023, 08:53:49 PM »
One small micro-controller which costs $6.83 each in batches of 100+ is only available for delivery at the end of 2023....ACube and A-EON are continuing to look for alternative suppliers. Fingers crossed for luck! Watch this space.

Same old same old. When it's done! ;D

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2023, 11:53:21 PM »
No, Trevor confirmed that the CPUs cannot be simply swapped out/upgraded during his Amiga37 slot with ACube.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 04:37:08 PM »
 @kreciu

Enjoy! 8)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2023, 06:16:41 PM »
There is NO movement on the A1222 now because there is a small component that they cannot source! They cannot redesign the board (again) so it's a rock and a hard place for Trevor and Co. at the moment! It feels like the P.A. Semi debacle all over again! They had to beg, steal and borrow to get enough PA6T-1682M CPUs for the X1000 and now they have to do the same to source a $6 micro-controller for the A1222 Plus!! They need more than luck to save the AmigaOne project IMHO!

At least ACube have provided a stop-gap solution. I see no reason why this good news of people getting their Sams can't be shared here! If the A1222 Plus had been delivered in a timely manner I don't think ACube would have stepped in with the Sam460LE! The two machine ARE iintertwined! ACube commissioned a special final run of the CPU especially for this batch of Sams! It is again ridiculously unlucky that they have been delivered some faulty ethernet controllers which is holding up the delivery of some of the units. The fact that they spotted this issue prior to shipping to customers shows that their QA is second to none and that they DO care about their customers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:25:12 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Lets talk about the latest unavailable AmigaOne dongle!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2023, 07:13:42 PM »
You just named your thread wrong!  ;D

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Lets talk about the latest AmigaOne computer!
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 21, 2023, 07:27:09 PM »
I'm glad for you! But now they're unavailable again and there's very little to talk about until ethernet controllers arrive after Chinese New Year for the Sam or a hidden stash of micro-controllers is found for around a $6 price point for the A1222 Plus! In the meantime there's everything else in the Amiga sphere (mainly 68k or Arm/FPGA based emulation machines/accelerators) that is available to actually buy or at least backorder!

However, we should all forgive those new Sam460LE owners (including yourself) actually sharing about the excitement of receiving an AmigaOne machine, despite the odds against it happening, within a couple of months of ACube estimating their arrival! A not-quite-Christmas miracle!  8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:34:47 PM by BozzerBigD »