Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integration  (Read 4534 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: EvilRich Assigned to TeamAROS Bounty #7, EUAE Integratio
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
I would not mind dropping some cash on this too! This project would certainly give AROS an instant boost into useability!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
Coherence mode, ahh the pleasures of being able to run Windows as an integrated part of Mac OSX. To piles of bloat all at once! :)

I don't know much beyond Turbo Basic (he he he), so I'm not sure how this would be done, but what BigBenAussie said sounds logical because the other concept of having multiple instances of UAE running at the same time would be a resource killer, and would prevent the fluid mulit-tasking that we are accustomed to on real Amiga hardware, thus making this whole venture pretty pointless considering that the whole point of e-UAE is to catch up with WinUAE which would finally give us a competent and fast UAE that is not restricted to running on Windows, and therefore held back by the mariad of short comings within the Windows operating system that make UAE seem just a little bit flakey and odd, no matter how well your PC is decked out. :)

Of course there is also the fact that AROS is supposed to be a clone of Workbench, and Workbench was always fluid and resource friendly, so it would not make much sence at all to want integrated 68xxx Amiga support at the cost of all your RAM, and CPU power. I mean I can't see wanting to have a few classic Amiga apps on my screen, when they are going to make my whole system bogg down, if that were the case, I'd just let go of my integration dreams, and just fire up e-UAE again so that I can run more than one thing at a time without having to worry.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »
He he, you must have replied as I typed.