Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UFO  (Read 7560 times)

Description:

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
Re: UFO Crash
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 15, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »

JaXanim wrote:
@Tigger

I understand the SR-71 fleet went out of service in 1990 (but the USAF continued flying some until 1998). The 1994 Boscombe Down crash appears (according to the cited report) to involve a much more 'secret' vehicle than the Blackbird. The SR-71 was already on public display when that particular crash occurred.

In 1981 we had a Blackbird declare an emergency and land at Eglin, my dad called me so I'd take the long way to get about as close to the bird as the roads would take me.  Noone in the Air Force base crew was allowed to get close to the aircraft, its C130 Landed about 4 hours later, they fixed the bird, we had a big fight over who could refuel it, which led to a senior MS with a security clearance pumping JPL for the first time in years into the bird.  It then took off, took in most of its fuel from a 135 and went home.  This is what they did on a secured base, on US soil, in 1981.   The plane wasnt a secret then either, but it was tarped as soon as they landed, etc.  

You're right about fitting fixed wing craft into a C-5. The SR-71 is three times the width of the hold, but I've no idea how big, or small, the Aurora is.

Since my Apache fits in one, I'm very familiar with how big a C5 is, when we added longbow years ago, it was a big issue that it still be able to go into a Galaxy.   Aurora is bigger then 19 feet across, the C5 came to repair the aircract not take it back.  

I just read all this in Wikipedia following your assertion that it was an SR-71 that crashed. Are there any reports we could read?

I lived at Ramstein for years, and most who lived there will tell you stories about Blackbirds.  If a blackbird got in trouble in Europe, a C5 from Ramstein would come fix it, thats standard OP, so though its fun to think its Aurora, most of what we know about Aurora give it much more a B-2 appearance (Or the cancelled stealth A-12) not an aircraft that is going to fit into a C5.  A modified equipment SR-71, (my joke about Blackbirds is that there are 47 of them in 46 different configurations, which is partially true) makes much more sense, then a tiny secret aircraft so small they can fit it into a C-5, unless it was an predator, but that pretty tiny, though at that time it would have probably been secret, but of course the tail doesnt cant that way and it has a zero man crew.  
    -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:09 PM »
An SR-71 doesn't have a forward hinged canopy.

I'm not suggesting what crashed at Boscombe during 1994 was the mythical Aurora (if it exists at all), but there has long been speculation that an A-12 (as in the cancelled US Navy stealth attacker) derivative was in use during the first Gulf war for identifying targets and vectoring the F-117s in over Baghdad.  An advanced stealth craft being used as a modern day "pathfinder" with the ability to loiter over targets and illuminate targets for low flying attacker's laser guided munitions is a logical development.

Don't forget that the F-117 only carries two bombs in it's internal bay, no cannon or defensive armament is fitted so it's fairly limited in it's flexibility when compared to something like a Strike Eagle/Tornado/F-18E.
Cecilia for President

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 03:44:12 PM »

PMC wrote:
An SR-71 doesn't have a forward hinged canopy.

Yeah, but the canopy does come off that way if its damaged or you need to get behind the control compartment.

I'm not suggesting what crashed at Boscombe during 1994 was the mythical Aurora (if it exists at all), but there has long been speculation that an A-12 (as in the cancelled US Navy stealth attacker) derivative was in use during the first Gulf war for identifying targets and vectoring the F-117s in over Baghdad.  

A-12 was cancelled guys, I designed tons of stuff for it, I would love to believe the bird is flying, but its not, they day it was cancelled was a sad, sad day, though it was necessary given what Mac D had done to the program.

Don't forget that the F-117 only carries two bombs in it's internal bay, no cannon or defensive armament is fitted so it's fairly limited in it's flexibility when compared to something like a Strike Eagle/Tornado/F-18E.

A-12 had none either, though if if could have taken off with them (which it couldnt have on cancellation day), it would have had 4 weapon bays, not the two of the Nighthawk.  But lets be honest, there isnt a stealth aircraft fielded today that wins a dogfight with an Eagle, in fact theres probably not an aircraft that wins a dogfight with the newest Eagle and an equal pilot, but thats a whole other discussion, and may change with Lockheeds new beasty, which looks good at Edwards when I'm out there.
    -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 05:54:10 PM »
Rather than carrying bombs, my theory was that a stealth plane could loiter unseen at altitude over targets and illuminate them with it's laser designator.

That way, the Tornados, Strike Eagles etc flying at low level have something to aim at and are thus capable of making a first pass attack, before the target even knows they are there.

Tigger wrote:
But lets be honest, there isnt a stealth aircraft fielded today that wins a dogfight with an Eagle, in fact theres probably not an aircraft that wins a dogfight with the newest Eagle and an equal pilot.

Saw a few circling over Suffolk prior to landing at Lakenhearh, they're still a damn handsome plane and judging by the tight formation they maintained, the pilots know a thing or two about keeping a plane steady.  Pilots the world over are just show-offs at heart.  

Still, I'm a huge fan of the old BAc Lightning which despite it's age remains the fastest aircraft ever operated by the RAF and could even show an Eagle a thing or two about climbing to altitude from a standing start.  
Cecilia for President

Offline JaXanim

• Show only replies by JaXanim
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide/home.html
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
Tigger said:

"- - -  the C5 came to repair the aircraft not take it back."

I was refering to one of the cited reports. I admit to knowing absolutely zilch about aircraft but it's interesting to compare eye witness reports with what is and isn't known as fact. The report (which is undoubtedly biased towards science fiction) does say the crashed plane was taken away in a C-5.

Have you any ideas about the trans-world 'knotted' contrail that was photographed by satellite? (see my earlier post). The tv program said it suggested a pulsed jet/rocket engine that's needed to acquire Mach 6 or whatever Aurora is said to attain. A couple of days ago, I saw reports of dozens of 'earth tremours' in the region it's said to get tested. I understand this is the effect of hypersonic speed, where the shock wave can't get away from the nose (something like that).

Cheers, JaX
Be inspired! It\\\'s back!

Offline Floid

• Show only replies by Floid
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »
Dunno, but I'm wondering if the whole 'Aurora' thing isn't part of our apparent quest for a 'politically-acceptable ICBM:'

http://www.darpa.mil/tto/programs/falcon.htm
(Current DARPA incarnation...)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/hyfly.htm
(More on previous testing...)

http://www.afa.org/magazine/Jan1999/0199mission.asp
(Nice shot of an aerospike test on a SR-71...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerospike_engine
(Seems toroid/annular configurations have become favored generally...)

I could be underestimating the need for a good reconaissance vehicle to scout the targets in the first place, of course... but stealth matters either way, and for some reason 'air strikes' don't create quite the furor that 'missile strikes' would.

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Re: UFO
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »
If they "Alien" life forms existed do you really think that the MOD would tell us?

NO of course not, it would not be in there interests to do so.
And why not?
Well............

1. Religion would take a nose dive.
2. Mass panic all over, are we truly ready for them?
3. Cult`s would be all over the place claiming that THEY had contact.
4. Most governments would try to grab a monopoly of there arrival.
5. Would we trust them?
6. Knowing man for how he truly is, some asshole some where would start a fight.
7. What would the muslims make of it? I suspect that to them it would be Alah coming down.
8. Personally for me, I would love the Idea if it meant it would be better for us.
9. What would we have to offer them? hmmmm how about cocain, drugs, booz, voilence, disrespect, arragance, greed, starting wars, killing, murder, stealing, rape, misstrust.  Not a good start is it. (This is all fact)
10. Why on Earth would they come here apart from to observe us, we must be on the lower scale.
11. What good do we have? hmmmm Music, art, love, science, good deeds (now and then) apathy, (not all of us us are bad)
12. Lets face it, if they, were us, and we traveled to this world and made observations of how we behave and interact with each other, what would we think of us?

So if they do exist and I do think that they do, then its better to for our governments to lie to us, after all its what they are best at the world over.
Telling a pack of lies, we are on a need to know basis and WE DO NOT NEED TO KNOW.

Mike.
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 01:29:28 AM »
There was an interesting program on Channel 5 last night called 'Stranger than Fiction'. Last week's episode focused on the competition between US and Russian surgeons in the transplant field (featuring two headed dogs and talk of human head transplants).

Anyway yesterday's episode was based on the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Now, myself and a few others like to keep a cynical view on this and whether or not it took place but the show did more to explain things this time.

It showed footage of the lunar module being tested on Earth with clips of Neil Armstrong ejecting from it after it went belly up.

The most interesting part of the documentary though was that when the astronauts got into space. They asked Houston something like "Where is the location of the S-IV" in relation to the last stage of the booster rocket. When Houston replied "It is 6,000 nautical miles away" the documentary explained that the crew had asked in this reserved manner (knowing others would be listening to the conversation) because they had seen an object with oval shapes around it hovering near the module. They didn't want to bring the mission into disrepute by suggesting 'something else' was up there with them!

When they went for some sleep, they reported seeing flashes of light. I initially thought this was leading to an explanation of radiation hitting their retinas from solar flares etc. but it turned out to be 'z-particles' penetrating the module and the crew.

Bizarre viewing and a welcome insight into the Apollo program. One wonders why such information has been kept from us for so long and why, nearly 40yrs on the technology has not been better utilised and exploited for the benefit of all mankind. Not just the "Eagle" that "landed".

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »

swift240 wrote:

7. What would the muslims make of it? I suspect that to them it would be Alah coming down.

Mike.

now that's pretty ignorant. allah does not have matter and form. nor will it ever have one. anyone claiming that an alien is allah would be considered a heretic in islamic belief.

actually, extraterrestial life is mentioned in qoran. The existance of extraterrestials is no big deal for muslims. However, as far as I know, this other life forms should also have been sent islam, according to islamic belief. So, if our visiting aliens do not happen to be muslims, the muslim world could see them as heretics and we could see suicide bombers heading for alpha centauri.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/aliens_in_quran.htm
http://www.doomsdayguide.org/UFO/ufo_and_jinn.htm
64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Mk0_qIs-mNQJ:www.themodernreligion.com/science/aliens.htm+islam+and+aliens&hl=en&gl=jp&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Hyperspeed

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 02:06:10 AM »
by countzero:
So, if our visiting aliens do not happen to be muslims, the muslim world could see them as heretics and we could see suicide bombers heading for alpha centauri.

Where would they store the explosives... Uranus?

:laughing:

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
Hang on a second, you claim that Alah does not have matter or form..........
If you belive that (and thats fine by me, no offence here) then for all you know Alah may be nothing at all, just a piece of imagination that like all others have been formed from some one who wants power over others, look at history itself, that sort of thing is all over the place to keep the masses in order.
This is like every thing else put it in a book call it a bible or some other word that suits at the time and tell every one that its all true and then expect the gullible to fall in with it.
But any way, UFO`s either exist or they don`t. or better still alien life forms either exist or they don`t.
And if we take it that Alah does exist, then be shear definition Alah like all other man made God`s are Aliens (as the word Alien means a life form that does not originate from this world.)
Or do you think that is ignorant to?

But that may lead to another thing altogether.
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline Agafaster

• Show only replies by Agafaster
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
I think without question that UFOs exist: just consider the definition of that acronym:

UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object.

anything flying is a UFO until someone goes recognises it or it identifies itself by communicating to ground control. subtle point !

one man's UFO is another man's weather balloon...
\\"New Bruce here will be teaching Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud.\\"
\\"Those are all cricketers, Bruce !\\"
A1XE G3/800MHz Radeon 7000 512MB
A1200 030/25MHz 8MB

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »
anyone have an opinion on these.

USO'S
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline Hyperspeed

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 03:48:13 AM »
Unidentified Submerged Objects... hah, sounds like The Loch Ness Monster...

.. speaking of which, did you see that guy on the news yesterday who discovered a complete Plesiosaur vertebrae on a rockface somewhere in England?

I'm convinced that since there are 65,000 NORAD tracked orbiting entities around Earth that a good proportion of them are spy satellites and their launch stages.

The US is content to let the UFO thing spiral into mysticism because basically the isolationist egotistic arrogance that pervades this country generally keeps it from civil war. Let's hope people start questioning the US military establishment about it's Zionist agenda as opposed to it's Good Year Blimps.

Currently the UK is experiencing UFOs... Unauthorised Flights of Ordnance... I refer to the US passenger planes switched at the last minute for cargo planes filled with missiles for the Israelis to use on the Lebanese women and children...