Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: To Vampire or not  (Read 4100 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: To Vampire or not
« on: June 09, 2017, 05:47:12 PM »
If you are into Amiga gaming and whdload, I suggest you to stay away from the Vampire, as it has a lot of compatibility issues with them.

If you are into productivity apps and want to have a speedy system, then go for the Vampire.

You cant have both, so you better establish your Amiga priorities and decide upon those.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
Quote from: Bennymee;826859
At this moment you are right, but the Apollo-core is activly developed :)

Yes, but better be safe than sorry and buy a Vampire for what it is now if you want one, because it has fallen short on many promises they made in the past.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Djole;826862
And what promises are those ? Since they are still developing the core you cant judge if the promises will be held or not. BTW they delivered a lot more than promised until now and they are not done yet.... There is a lot more to come...

Promises unfullfilled to this date:

-A compatible 68k MMU
-A compatible 68k FPU
-The most compatible processor than any of the Motorola 68k series

And the list could go on, but it is not my intention to demerit the Apollo choice, just to give fair advice to a fellow Amiga user.

I already said it is fast for productivity stuff and desirable if you go this route. But it is not good on gaming/whdload and demos.

Please dont derail the thread and turn it into another Apollo-core cult member thread.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 04:26:54 PM »
Feature creep at its finest. Natami style!

Jack of all trades, master of none.

LOL

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:24:50 PM »
You dont belong to our sect!
You must leave!

:D