Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators  (Read 45661 times)

Description:

Offline guibrushTopic starter

• Show all replies
Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
Hi

The Apollo team is happy to announce the immediate disponibility of the Gold 2.7 core for all Vampires 500, 500+ and 600. You can right now dowload the appropriated core on this link :

http://wiki.apollo-accelerators.com/doku.php/start#latest_core

The Gold 2.7 core has many inprovements, the most notable one being of course the hardware FPU. But this is not the only one new thing ! Here is the changelog :

[GOLD2.7] (02.03.2018)
* Added fully pipelined hard FPU with peak 78 MFlops
* Added native support for all 68882 FPU operations without need of extra libraries
* Added new high performance memory controller, reaching 600 MB/sec memory speed
* Added MapRom support
* Added Workbench hardware sprite support
* Added Scanlines optional mode for retro look of games on HDMI output
* Added RangerMem (A500 slowmem) for better compatibility with some old games/demos
* Added new boot pic
* Improved MPU (memory protection) with catching memory access error Enabled
* Improved AMMX 2 instruction set with acceleration features for video decoding, image decoding, 2D-games, 3D-games
* Improved WHDLOAD compatibility improved
* Improved Faster Boot time

Like always, we are waiting your feedback on IRC :
chat.freenode.net 6697 (SSL)/6667 (non SSL) #Apollo-Team

We wish you a good installation !

• Show all replies
Re: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:13:03 AM »
Quote from: kolla;836883
It's not an FPU, it's a Quake enabler.

Seriously ? What about Quake 2, Sysinfo, AIBB, Redrats, MWI-Kioea, Singulartity is just the beginning, software make the dance foam oil, Ghosttown metropolis, respirator stories, Lux Aeterna Lucia est, dekandence swansong, AFAOS, ScumVM FPU version, Netsurf FPU version, Warp3d FPU, Imagine 4.0, Lightwave, and all the other FPU programs working right now ?
do we have to call our FPU a [paste here the name of one of the many working FPU program above] enabler, or can we just call it a FPU ?
Man, you remind me a cop trying to find THE little thing letting him giving a fine to a random picked up car on the street.
The team implemented this hardware FPU in a little more than one year, this was an incredible amount of work. And we will still continue to polish the last remaining bugs, thanks the constructive returns of the users. For example, the Maparium bug was found and I can tell you that this is already corrected, as you can see on this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefOi07_ons
So, the team is not sitting on a chair doing nothing.
 The fact is that we have now a working FPU that is fast and that let the users run almost all FPU programs out there.
Have a nice day.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
So, is WINE a Windows emulator or a Windows emulation ?

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:25:00 AM »
Quote from: kolla;837665
Yes, I remember that, it doesn't change the fact that there is no such thing as "CE certification" though. CE is a _claim_ by manufacturer and resellers that the product satisfies a whole range of requirements.
Okay, so even you perfectly know that the team has done the certification measures officially, you write a sentence suggesting to the readers of this thread that this is not the case and that there is cheating? Your level of intellectual mischief fascinates me from day to day.
As a reminder : http://www.majsta.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=132

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »
Trolling is definitely an art. I think we found our guests for the next dinners on Wednesday night.

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837709
I am sure you want me to shut up, but as long as the Apollo Team keep up with arrogance and BS, Iwill not shut up about it.

No, please don’t stop, this is so funny that it enlighten my lunch pause! If you stop it I will be bored. Are you free Wednesday night for a lunch ?

You have so many vital questions to ask about the vampire, so many questions that make sense. Moreover, it makes sense, when we go to buy a computer, we ask all these questions.

I imagine the dialogue between you and the salesman when you buy a pc at the store: "the CE compliment test is done right? The license is paid? The rights holders have been contacted? How much earn the people who made the product? They are declared? They paid their taxes? Is the packaging gluten free?

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »
Jesus, we have a good one here, maybe even a world class champion....
https://media.giphy.com/media/10dFztf8l3aDUk/giphy.gif

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:56:22 AM »
Quote from: kolla;838382
It's also rather pointless to report bugs that you already know will fall under "won't fix".

Always less pointless than trying to argue with you. But anyways, I hold a screenshot of this another false statement for later.