Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit.com Product News  (Read 7639 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: AmigaKit.com Product News
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:27 PM »
@AmigaKit

Are you still interested in selling me a 2.5" IDE two way hard drive cable? I asked you a question on 5th June and sent a sales enquiry message and no response! I was even going to get a 4-player parallel adaptor too :-(

Here's the sales enquiry:

"Thanks. Thinking about it 1.5cm clearance between the motherboard and the hard drive doesn't seem quite enough so I guess that part of the cable should be at least 2.5 cm (1inch) and the distance between the Hard drive and the Atapi Zip drive 44pin connector should be 26cm so a cable of total length 28.5 cm would be fine!"
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
@AmigaKit

Sent a PM almost a week ago and still you don't reply?!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:45:27 PM »
Just to clarify AmigaKit did reply via PM on here eventually so that is one way to contact them if your standard sales queries fall on deaf ears. Their service is really good though and no complaints normally.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
Sorry to have to make this public but I'm struggling to get a quote back for a custom IDE cable with the following specs:

I actually need a 44pin male  (motherboard connector) to 44pin male IDE 2.5" Hard Drive connector to a  40 pin 3.5" male connector for a Zip Drive.     Is this possible? The  spacings seems to be 2cm between the    motherboard  and the 2.5" HD  connector and then 25cm from the 2.5"    44-pin HD  connector to the 3.5"  40-pin Zip drive connector. All the    connectors  seem to be on the same side of the cable. I've got a power    adapter for  the Zip Drive  already sorted.

I've left numerous PMs and I know it's been Summer but still it's been a long time for them to answer!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »
Correct! My mistake! Therefore....

... I actually need a 44pin female  (motherboard connector) to 44pin female IDE 2.5" Hard Drive connector to a  40 pin 3.5" female connector for a Zip Drive.      Is this possible? The  spacings seems to be 2cm between the     motherboard  and the 2.5" HD  connector and then 25cm from the 2.5"     44-pin HD  connector to the 3.5"  40-pin Zip drive connector. All the     connectors  seem to be on the same side of the cable. I've got a power     adapter for  the Zip Drive  already sorted.