Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elbox: Black MEDIATORS Available  (Read 5284 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaver

Re: Elbox: Black MEDIATORS Available
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:49:45 AM »
It is not the Zorro III slot that is slow, it is the Buster 11 that limits the speed.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:29:58 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;800417
I dunno, man.  I'm waffling on it.  I have a 4000D with a Picasso IV and a Deneb USB.  I have a difficult time justifying it for this system since between these two cards I have everything I need.

Now, if I were to go on a hoarder rampage, I might to build another desktop system or to hold onto as the collectible value will inevitably increase and some collector might pay me a nice premium in the future.

I guess.  In any case, I'm just not compelled right now.  Not saying I couldn't be persuaded for that price, but I just can't bring myself to it.

Well, when someone goes out freshly these days looking for a Picasso IV and a Deneb, they are looking at spending about $400 plus $300 USD (or $700 USD total) with a long wait time for them to show up for sale; a Mediator, fully loaded would be < $500 USD instead, and the wait time would be only a few weeks as it crawled from Poland to its destination.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
Quote from: Acill;800423
Just picked up a Voodoo 5 5500 for my 4000T Mediator. Do you know if I need to plug in one of the power connectors to the board? It has a molex on it. I'm about to put my mediator back in and see if I can get it working for the first time in awhile. Haven done one since my A3000 towered system several years back.

I used the power connector when I had that board, but only one CPU is used by the driver, the board is noisy, and not really much faster than a Voodoo 4 (4500)...