Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be  (Read 14752 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 03:01:42 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;627100
I agree.  As long as it is clear to purchasers what they are buying.  Nobody here would want an unsuspecting consumer to buy something commodity under a pretense.  If there is real value add, then great. If it is just about using the Amiga name to lift margin on commodity hardware.... ohhhh dear....

Rollup rollup buy the Hyundai Mustang...

exactly.

Offline HenryCase

• Show only replies by HenryCase
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 03:06:55 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;627089

No one, whether AI, Genesi, or anyone else will ever (nor could they ever) build anything "Amiga" (to your definitions) that would ever satisfy any of you (or become a commercial success).

Who cares if an 'Amiga' is a commercial success? It doesn't matter now, the time when that mattered has long since past. The community now has control of the platform (Minimig + AROS), as long as I can obtain a computer I enjoy using I don't care if I can't buy it in a shop, and I don't care if the masses aren't interested. It's a hobby. If anyone has got delusions of grandeur, it's not those who still enjoy the classics, it's those people who think success is driven by how many units are sold.
"OS5 is so fast that only Chuck Norris can use it." AeroMan

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 03:39:12 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;627067
Wanye, Wayne, Wayne. What has happened to you :rolleyes:

.... I'm sorry Wayne but i think you are on the wrong side  :)

+1 ..Wayne you should know, of all people, that putting a sticker on an already existing product and posting that product on an Amiga related board is not a smart idea.  Why don't you tell CUSA to invest in the many bounties & shows in the amiga community to help support & develop it ?  

If Amiga is dead to you then please let it rest in peace ! why do you want to see AI get a stinking cent off royalties off these PC's if Amiga, as you stated numerous times, is dead to you?? what the hell has AI done for us...err besides a bloody snowman maker ROFL

btw, I honestly have nothing against CUSA since they changed the name of the Linux skin to something other than Workbench 5 so if they want to sell generic PC's running Linux then all the power to them as getting a slice of the pie in PC market is very difficult these days
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:47:06 AM by klx300r »
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline matthey

• Show only replies by matthey
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:46 AM »
I would buy an ARM based tablet with AmigaOS running native, stable and updated but NOT from Amiga Inc. I will not support those that steal from their customers, business partners and employees. It looks like they are still trying to kill AmigaOS and force feed us another OS and generic hardware with an Amiga sticker on it. We are too smart for this! If it was any other company but Amiga Inc. we might give them the benefit of the doubt. Boycott Amiga Inc.!

Offline number6

Re: OOOOOOO..what could THIS be
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:29 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;627061
While they may look similar, those are not the correct specs.  From my understanding, they have three models.  A 7", either an 8" or 9" model, and a 10" model, all with better specs than that.

I would gladly show you the spec page, but I'm not sure it's ready for open pub yet, so until I'm asked, I'll have to simply say that you're wrong on this one Darrin.  Nice arm-chair quarterbacking though.. :)

Wayne

Are you referring to the iContain product listings?
Example: http://icontainprotects.com/products/tablet

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 05:10:51 AM »
Quote from: Argo;627054
Could we turn those in to thumbnails? It's messing the front page.

How many mods does it take to post a news announcement?

Answer = 2, one to make the announcement and the other one to fix it when the first one F's it up... :D

3 on a bad day... ;)

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
Looks like Haipad, but if you give us the specs , we can be sure.  I've got several Android tablets already, most were resistive but I finally broke down and bought capacitive.  Now I'm pretty much down to two tablets, the Android and the iPad 2....

Quote from: redrumloa;626983

Teaser 1

Teaser 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;627061
I would gladly show you the spec page, but I'm not sure it's ready for open pub yet, so until I'm asked, I'll have to simply say that you're wrong on this one Darrin.  Nice arm-chair quarterbacking though.. :)

Wayne

I guess I'll need to wait a little longer then.  I hate guessing games.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:06 AM »
@ Wayne

Wow... so much material you posted there I could would need to write a book just to respond to half of them... :)

But instead just PM me and I'll give you the number of a good shrink & a highly recommended anger management course... :)

In the meantime best just to take a long leisurely walk in the sunshine and count the clouds as they gently roll by and spot the commodore logos on em... ;)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 05:25:42 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;627100
I agree.  As long as it is clear to purchasers what they are buying.  Nobody here would want an unsuspecting consumer to buy something commodity under a pretense.  If there is real value add, then great. If it is just about using the Amiga name to lift margin on commodity hardware.... ohhhh dear....

Rollup rollup buy the Hyundai Mustang...

My thoughts exactly.  If this was a "Commodore" tablet then great.  But sticking a bloody Amiga label on it???!!!  WTF???!!!
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 05:28:02 AM »
Definitely Haipad

Could you make the question harder next time?

http://www.solomobi.com/Product-Haipad_M701.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:33:14 AM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Franko

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 05:36:59 AM »
All these threads about CUSA and all the others who are trying to cash in on the Amiga & Commodore names is all pretty see through, "yeah slap a Commodore or Amiga sticker on it and the mugs will buy it cos it's retro..." must be the mantra of these companies, as this wee video only goes to prove... :)

[youtube]dU94T6KZnSg[/youtube]

Gawd... you'd think some of us were born yesterday... (mind you from some of the posts I've read I do wonder...) :D

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 05:37:31 AM »

Offline Franko

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;627136
I think I've secured a pic of the mainboard...!

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa424/gertsy2000/?action=view¤t=Amiga7000board.jpg

Ooooh... that pictures clearly a fake there are no Commodore stickers on it... :(

Offline Franko

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2011, 06:05:48 AM »
@ Gertsy

Fixed... ;)

(I learnt from the best... :D)

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #59 from previous page: April 03, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
Quote from: HenryCase;627102
Who cares if an 'Amiga' is a commercial success? It doesn't matter now, the time when that mattered has long since past. The community now has control of the platform (Minimig + AROS), as long as I can obtain a computer I enjoy using I don't care if I can't buy it in a shop, and I don't care if the masses aren't interested. It's a hobby. If anyone has got delusions of grandeur, it's not those who still enjoy the classics, it's those people who think success is driven by how many units are sold.

+1 on this point.

WD Franko, It's amazing what a well placed chickenhead sticker can do.  "one 'ere, and one 'ere and another o'er 'ere".
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:09:48 AM by gertsy »