Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor  (Read 6014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline motrucker

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »
This really is great news. Having a trustworthy firm in this position is quite important!
I'll have to start saving.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+
 

Offline Trev

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
Eyetech was pretty trustworthy before the original AmigaOne was released. Let's hope the X1000 is successful. If it's not, however, let's hope that it doesn't bring AmigaKit down with it.
 

Offline RobertB

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »
If the price is good, I will buy.  Congratulations to AmigaKit!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum
and click on ComVEX
 

Offline mdv2000

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 01:50:52 AM »
I have dealt with AmigaKit before and if they are involved, then I am DEFINITELY going to start saving for this!  This is great news!

Yay!
Mike Valverde
---------------------------------
"Only AMIGA makes it possible!"

A2000HD +A2630+ w/8MB+500MB SCSI HD
 + Buddha IDE + 1.3 and 3.1 ROM (WB 3.1)
 

Offline trekiej

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 04:45:14 AM »
Soon we will see some demos.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.
 

Offline dammy

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
Will AmigaKit also be doing warranty repairs?
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline amigadave

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2004
  • Posts: 3836
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 05:31:56 AM »
Quote from: mdv2000;556400
I have dealt with AmigaKit before and if they are involved, then I am DEFINITELY going to start saving for this!  This is great news!

Yay!

I like your enthusiasm, but as much as I like AmigaKit and its owner, Matthew, I hope you base your decision to purchase any new system, or any gear on performance, price and how it meets your needs, not on who is selling it.

@dammy,

My guess is that AmigaKit might be doing some minor warranty work for the AmigaOne X1000, but AEON would most likely be doing most or all of the warranty repairs & replacement work themselves.  Just my guess tho.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)
 

Offline Lurch

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2003
  • Posts: 1716
  • Total likes: 0
Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Hmm, worldwide aye... hopefully someone will have something closer to where I live (NZ)... the day I can walk into a shop and purchase an Amiga again would be fantastic... although at this point in the game this dream may not ever happen.

Fingers crossed that the x1000 makes some inroads and grabs some market share...
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub
 

Offline Tension

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;556683

Fingers crossed that the x1000 makes some inroads and grabs some market share...


Yes unfortunately it will require a lot more than crossed fingers.  It would probably require the complete liquidation of Microsoft, Apple, HP, Compaq, Dell, AMD and Intel.

Ah well.

Offline ElPolloDiabl

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 01:26:46 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;556683
Hmm, worldwide aye... hopefully someone will have something closer to where I live (NZ)... the day I can walk into a shop and purchase an Amiga again would be fantastic... although at this point in the game this dream may not ever happen.

Fingers crossed that the x1000 makes some inroads and grabs some market share...


C'mon! Be thankful if it gets up to 5000 sales. In the age of the internet it doesn't matter as much if it's a small community.
Go Go Gadget Signature!
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 02:22:52 AM »
Quote from: Tension;556697
Yes unfortunately it will require a lot more than crossed fingers.  It would probably require the complete liquidation of Microsoft, Apple, HP, Compaq, Dell, AMD and Intel.

Ah well.



Nope, it's no longer an us vs them computer industry. Look at Porsche's SUV, the Cayenne. It's been around since 2003 and has still sold less than 300,000 units. But it's Porsche's best selling product and saved the company. Sure it sells for way more than the X-1000 will, but it also costs way more to build.  

The A1 X-1000 can create a nice little niche for itself and do well. It just needs more developers and software once it's out.
 

Offline amigadave

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2004
  • Posts: 3836
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 03:00:11 AM »
Porsche Cayenne = VW Toureg + $$$

I heard that the Toureg has been discontinued in favor of the smaller turbo SUV that VW just came out with.  Too bad, VW Toureg finished 1st, 2nd, & 3rd at Dakar Rally this year.  I wonder if the Toureg was discontinued because it was hurting sales of the Cayenne?

@Pyromania,

The AmigaOne X-1000 can only create a niche for itself if it can be shown to do something better or different than any competing computer, and that has not been demonstrated yet (I hope it will be shown).  Just running AmigaOS4.1 faster than a SAM or Pegasos2 is not going to be enough to make it a success.  More developers and software is a must, I agree!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:09:06 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)
 

Offline HammerD

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;556218
AmigaKit Named As Primary Channel Distributor

London, 26th April 2010

A-EON technology has appointed UK-based AmigaKit, a premier Amiga retail and distribution company, as primary distributor for the upcoming AmigaOne X1000 computer through Amiga market hardware channels world-wide. AmigaKit will be handling all customer and dealer sales inquiries for the new AmigaOne X1000 hardware platform. Details will be available from AmigaKit in the near future.



Hi great news! When will you have it in stock and when more info on your site? :)

Also any news on ZorRAM board (and OS4 support?) :)

Thanks
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
 

Offline persia

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 04:09:58 AM »
Sadly there really isn't anything that it could do better than a PC or Mac, not with those specs anyway.  X1000 is a long way from cutting edge...

Quote from: amigadave;556715
Porsche Cayenne = VW Toureg + $$$

I heard that the Toureg has been discontinued in favor of the smaller turbo SUV that VW just came out with.  Too bad, VW Toureg finished 1st, 2nd, & 3rd at Dakar Rally this year.  I wonder if the Toureg was discontinued because it was hurting sales of the Cayenne?

@Pyromania,

The AmigaOne X-1000 can only create a niche for itself if it can be shown to do something better or different than any competing computer, and that has not been demonstrated yet (I hope it will be shown).  Just running AmigaOS4.1 faster than a SAM or Pegasos2 is not going to be enough to make it a success.  More developers and software is a must, I agree!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.
 

Offline coldfish

Re: AmigaKit Named AmigaOne X1000 Distributor
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 10:49:19 AM »
I spose running OS4 is something it can do "better" than a PC or Mac*, which is an objective in itself for some. Though it's not a huge advantage to the non-Amiga computing world.