Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20316 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 18, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »
Quote from: kolla;554183
Hehe.. nope, they just ramble around on certain websites, like the rest of us.

http://utilitybase.com/
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;554196
visiting there on a daliy basis because of warp3d fix thread i have never seen there anyone from hyperion, nor didnt they reply to questions directed to them neither in a thread nor per email.

I never said it was a "hyperion promoted" site, I offered it as an example of something comparable to Apple Developer Connection for AmigaOS: a site dedicated to development discussion for AmigaOS/descendants.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
Quote from: djrikki;554221
1. I didn't mean literally english.  I meant 'basic' like commands and structure, hmm lets make a quick example, it reads very human-like.

set thefolder to choose folder
tell application "Finder"
   set foldercontents to the kind of every file of folder (thefolder)
end tell

result: {"HTML document", "TextWrangler Document", "NeoOffice Document", "Script", "Plain text", "Plain text", "Script", "Portable Network Graphics image", "Workflow", "Plain text", "HTML document", "Plain text"}

If that's a genuine example then it's both hideous and inconsistent. I mean why have such (tediously) verbose human-friendly language syntax and have the result presented as if it were a C-style declaration of an array of strings?

const char* result[] = { "Foo", "Bar", etc"};  /* look familiar */

After all, proponents of "let's have really human-readable language syntax" usually despise C above all else.

2. ASL requesters are crap, can't imagine many people share your love for them as they need some serious work.

They're functional and lightweight. Sure there's scope for improvement but I wouldn't say they were crap.

3. I already use OSX ^.^.

Enjoy it, then. Is there a reason you want every other OS to behave like it?

4. I've installed AROS and taken a look at it and gone through a list of must-haves in AmigaOS.

AROS is not AmigaOS, it's an AmigaOS clone (for want of a better word). In some respects it's more advanced, in others it's less.

5. Okay so there is a picture viewer included cool, but I said all-encompassing.

Multiview can open anything you have a datatype for that can be rendered on screen, not just images.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
Quote from: xeron;554623
Actually, many of the OS4 dev team and experienced developers are happy to help people with queries on amiga forums, including AW.net or utilitybase. Also hyperion provides help for developers, they just have to ask.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I find it odd that Jorkany would know what sort of support a developer targeting OS4 would get given that s/he's probably never actually developed anything for it.
int p; // A