Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology FAQ Part III  (Read 4161 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology FAQ Part III
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:29:11 AM »
A-EON is involved in promoting the development of new software applications for AmigaOS, notably through the hardware loan scheme.

Is the only part of that FAQ that is remotely interesting.....

[EDIT] - Although, the use of the word "scheme" bothers me somewhat.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology FAQ Part III
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:24:39 AM »
Quote from: dammy;551110
 And I wouldn't be suprised to see AROS running on the SAM460 before OS4 does.

Okay....this is cool.  Who cares about the 3 major Amiga flavors, everyone has a favorite, but it would be nice to see some compatibility between all of them, general standards if you will.

I really wish that the Friedens would open source the Timberwolf code and then ask the community to help them manage and complete a java port that works across MorphOS, OS4+ and AROS. Then, hopefully, you could have people who work to maintain updates. I don't mean to leave the classic out, but this allows for replacements via new hardware.

I love that they're trying to get more hardware that's using more up-to-date peripherals for us, going so far as to possibly invest their own money, but once again it's what they want, not what I want. Nevermind the fact the cost will be "high end". The new SAM looks nice, but it's all about price once again, unfortunately.

OS4 needs to be on one of those PPC pocket computers, that cost 200$. All the buttons would have drivers for UAE, so you could play old Amiga games on it. It's got Timberwolf, JAVA, UAE for old school gaming, WiFi, Storage, MP3 player, Video Player,  it fits in your pocket and cost you 200-250$ bucks.

It would sell. It's reasonable, gets the AmigaOS noticed again, the way it should be, as a single niche item. You don't have to sell a kidney to get one. It's small. You can take it anywhere to show it off.

I believe this is called marketing.

Instead it's more of "Yay! Something I most assuredly can't afford, that isn't something I wanted in the first place!"

*rolls eyes*

Straight up, Hyperion needs an APod to sell OS4.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:34:55 AM by Methuselas »
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf