Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Results of the Amiga Games Award 2009  (Read 5270 times)

Description:

Offline saimo

Re: Results of the Amiga Games Award 2009
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 16, 2010, 11:44:31 AM »
What a great satisfaction to hear such nice words - thanks, Cammy :-)
RETREAM - retro dreams for Amiga, Commodore 64 and PC

Offline mfletcher

• Show only replies by mfletcher
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;543421

Anyhow, I found a link to those Zelda games which...

...don't seem to be in english. Woohoo. :/

http://www.zeldaroth.fr/us/

Thanks for the links XDelusion, but the Zelda games are only for Amiga OS 4? I thought there were Amiga x68 versions available too? :(

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »
Q16: Can you port BOH to this OS/machine?
A: The game already runs on 5 different OSes. At the moment, no further ports are planned.
Also, please keep in mind that:
* I do not own all the OSes/machines that exist on Earth;
* I do not have room for more machines;
* I do not have money for more machines;
* maintaining more versions would be too demanding;
* commercially it would make little sense.

At least 68k version could be tested on OS4. I dont think real Amiga users matter there but it would give chance for MorphOS and WinUAE users to try. I honestly didnt know about BOH until now...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:14:12 PM by itix »
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline apj

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »
Quote from: mfletcher;543533
Thanks for the links XDelusion, but the Zelda games are only for Amiga OS 4? I thought there were Amiga x68 versions available too? :(

These and more games for 68x can be downloaded from http://artishq.wordpress.com/.
Note there were made for Amithlon/WinUAE.

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 11:36:42 PM »
A platform with some impresive games and in present, the suposed best games are unknow for some users (includes me) is a bit sad :(
a1200 060

Offline Cammy

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »
I don't think you guys looked very hard for those Zelda games, they've been on Aminet since they've been out.

http://aminet.net/package/game/role/ZeldaOLB-68k-US
http://aminet.net/package/game/role/ZeldaROTH-68k-US
http://aminet.net/package/game/role/ZeldaROTHCoop-68k-US

But that page posted by artur has them all and more anyway.

Anyone who hasn't played BOH because they don't have an OS4 machine should know they can play the game natively on their Windows PC without needing a UAE port of the game. There's no way it would run well even on a 060/RTG Amiga, so porting it to 68k just so it can only be played in WinUAE is kind of pointless, since the game runs natively on Windows and Linux, as well as Aros which is easy as pie to install if you download the Icaros Live DVD. Then you'd have a modern AmigaOS on your PC, and you could download the demo of BOH and try it.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline inoel

• Show only replies by inoel
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:21:01 AM »
aros will be on my pc on the weekend so will try the  demo of BOH then.
once my a500's are fixed I will have some cash to get this

Offline trip6

• Show only replies by trip6
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 05:01:42 AM »
Has anybody tested the Zelda games on a Amiga 1200 or 4000? Curious to see if they would run on a real amiga accelerated with an 030 or better... If someone tests them please post results here... My stuff is packed away at the moment....

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:29 AM »
Saimo, sorry I only proof read the link I provided and didn't realize I was off base.
 I don't even own it yet, though it sounds like you've coverted Cammy into a sort of crack head for the game so perhaps I'm going to have to check it out and see what all the hypes about. :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline saimo

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »
Quote from: itix;543543
At least 68k version could be tested on OS4. I dont think real Amiga users matter there but it would give chance for MorphOS and WinUAE users to try.

As Cammy kindly pointed out, BOH is not just for AmigaOS and AROS, but it runs also on Linux, MacOS and Windows, so pretty much everydody should be able to try it. Also, maybe there's a chance it runs with OS4Emu on MorphOS - I've already asked a couple of times, but nobody ever reported anything.

I honestly didnt know about BOH until now...

That's surprising (but none of your fault, of course), because there are countless threads and news items on Amiga sites about BOH: just think that since the original release (~10 months ago) I've released also lots of other stuff (9 updates, 10 additional missions, 4 additional themes and 3 additional translations, to be precise), which has been presented to the community by means of press releases here, on AW.net and on Amigans.net (just to mention the "official" threads).

Well, since the game is new to you and to others here, here is a quick way to have a glance at it: a little trailer I released yesterday ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:28:20 PM by saimo »

Offline saimo

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
Quote from: inoel;543592
aros will be on my pc on the weekend so will try the  demo of BOH then.

Well, you don't strictly have to wait: just head to the DOWNLOADS page of the website and get the demo suitable for your current OS ;)
Have fun!

once my a500's are fixed I will have some cash to get this

If you appreciate the game to the point of being willing to buy it, I'll be twice happy :)

Offline saimo

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;543616
Saimo, sorry I only proof read the link I provided and didn't realize I was off base.

No problem ;)

I don't even own it yet, though it sounds like you've coverted Cammy into a sort of crack head for the game so perhaps I'm going to have to check it out and see what all the hypes about. :)

Have lots of fun! :)

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
Really a classic amiga cant do it? Payback on 060 exist, with all my respect, these nextgen amiga games cant compete with all time games for amiga.
a1200 060

Offline saimo

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;543686
Really a classic amiga cant do it? Payback on 060 exist, with all my respect, these nextgen amiga games cant compete with all time games for amiga.
Only that PayBack doesn't do/have full screen interpolated rotations, 24-bit graphics, 8-bit alphachannel, (basic) ray-tracing, 24-bit lighting with virtually unlimited light sources, 7 audio channels with dynamically controlled volume - BOH is more demanding than the low resolution might suggest at first ;)

with all my respect, these nextgen amiga games cant compete with all time games for amiga.
I won't question your personal preferences and it's totally OK with me if you prefer any other game over BOH. Though, let me ask: did you try BOH's demo?

BTW, just to be clear: I love old stuff (in fact, BOH is prominently retro)!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:13:25 PM by saimo »