Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Individual Computers Announces Clone-A Project  (Read 10972 times)

Description:

Offline AJCopland

Re: Individual Computers Announces Clone-A Project
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »
@argo

hmm, too bad it's on another continent you mean!
Damn that ocean! :-D

Andy
Be Positive towards the Amiga community!

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »
@ hans
How about an Amiga-in-a-keyboard? :-D

Best suggestion yet :-o

Andy

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:01:58 AM »
I'd guess that the reason isnt going down the "ASIC+amiga in a joystick" route without proper funding is that the initial setup cost would be quite high. Or at least beyond his current funding.

I'd like to see an AGA version of MiniMig eventually, mostly because i play a lot of AGA games.

I'm also learning VHDL so that when MiniMig is released i can get it and help out with it development. But hardware coding is a little different to software coding that i'm used too  :crazy:

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:45:06 PM »
@Jens Schönfeld
Thanks for posting with an exmaple of why you think you'll be able to make your implementation smaller and more accurate.

Why are you planning (indeed are you at all?) on replicating a 68k processor in the fpga? Wouldn't it make more sense to use an existing seperate processor as the MiniMig is and possibly get it shipping faster (hint hint) :-D

@everyone
And that is another reason to wait for these things to become available before ranting and raving about what they are/will/could be.

No wonder everyone gives up and leaves the Amiga if we flame everyone who does anything like this.

I'm looking forward to seeing both Clone-A AND MiniMig.

Andy

Offline AJCopland

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »
Ah so i guessed right it is for an investment / ASIC implementation point of view. Cool! It makes sense to have everything on a single FPGA including the CPU, in addition to the reasons you give, why bother going over an external bus to the CPU when it can be right there on chip. As well as needing less board space for two chips.

I think that for a commercial product you're obviously going in the right direction. Though i'm thinking that i'll probably buy one of your Clone-A's to have in my living room hooked upto the big TV and loaded with most of my games.

I'll then have the MiniMig for the tinkering, hacking and learning VHDL / Verilog stuff.

Thanks for replying Jens.