Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amy'05 Pics by Troika  (Read 10335 times)

Description:

Offline JuSho

• Show all replies
Re: Amy'05 Pics by Troika
« on: September 17, 2006, 04:58:48 AM »
Oh, a Moobunny analysis. Well, must be then.

It's obvious the board on the pictures did never run. I think everybody can see the unmounted soldering pads. So ?

(BTW: we haven's seen the other side of the board yet).

Maybe it will never run, and ? At least someone tries and that's the first we gonna see. I think it's cool and best luck to them get it done. They might have still work ahead (nobody denies that).

And there will be competition. If you don't like this one, you might find anotherone which suits your needs better.

Offline JuSho

• Show all replies
Re: Amy'05 Pics by Troika
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 03:10:19 PM »
I'm really not, though Ralph has done some nice work with his OS
OS == kernel. Ralph worked on the kernel. A lot of people worked on the rest. So, well, maybe he'll get a multicore kernel to work (I don't see why the AmigaOS kernel would be worse, though). But MOS is still no 100% OS. And, no, it is not releaseable with an image on a CD which is copied to the HD and without a complete an installer and _all_ services included in the package without the need to donwload the rest. This is from a joe average consumer POV, not the geeks, who can do that now. (I don't want to say red is better than blue or vice versa. Both side will prefer their OS. And that's fine with me).

We can have endless pro-con arguments here. What the heck. What for ? Someone is trying (as do others). Some might be successfull, some might not. As long as there is no product, we are not really affected. Why do some play judge here and damn people who are trying ? If they fail ? Well, bad for them. But won't really have an effect on me - except I might saved some money.