Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8315 times)

Description:

Offline DrBombcrater

• Show only replies by DrBombcrater
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« Reply #89 from previous page: January 31, 2005, 04:24:27 PM »
AmigaOne/OS4 already have a SATA driver, so they can already start using serial ATA drives.

Err... no. The SATA driver has not been publically released so SATA is, for the vast majority of A1 owners, not an option.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
oh, jesus christ!
when i see all this whining and crying i just want to slap everybody's face.

Have you all forgotten the "real world"??

you know....the one where 220,000 plus people died in a tsunomi last month?

why waste all this passion on something that really doesn't matter?

just stop it.

and if you see someone that just can't drop it....IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »
ITIX: so i guess your opening your hardrives before you buy them and touch the disk(s) inside and then if they spin good you actually buy them?

so what happened when you delivered back hdd's or any hardware which you opened and broke the seal?

Did they say, AAAAAH yes youre from "that" country...hey its ok , we know you didnt open the hardware as we take your word for it..

The stickers are put there as a note to make your brain realize you shouldnt break it/open/enter , so what does theese countries say when its a "WARNING DO NOT ENTER, RADIOACTIVITY bla bla"

anyway im off topic :-)

my point in the earlier post was, we can get the hw fixed if we want but as always people find it negative thus they failed to remeber the bppc/csppc scandal.
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2005, 05:12:18 PM »
cecilia: they said 260.000 on the news here.
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2005, 06:55:45 PM »
Poster: DrBombcrater  Posted: 2005/1/31 11:24:27

Err... no. The SATA driver has not been publically released so SATA is, for the vast majority of A1 owners, not an option.

Hmmm... Looks like you are correct.  I was sure that that news item originally had a download link, but looking over it, I see that I'm mistaken.  But, there is a driver that is already working, just not publically available yet.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2005, 07:23:31 PM »
@Thread

POTATO !!! :crazy:

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »
POTATO !!!
I think that pretty much sums it up.

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »
oh, jesus christ!
when i see all this whining and crying i just want to slap everybody's face.

Have you all forgotten the "real world"??

you know....the one where 220,000 plus people died in a tsunomi last month?

While this event is tragic, it's not related to the topic on hand.  And unless Eyetech was directly affected by the disaster some 2 years ago it doesn't change the fact that they have not acted responsibly.

I find your whining about the whining worse than the whining in the first place.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Mine is simple.  Eyetech is a bad company that doesn't give a crap about their users, the Amiga, or the community.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2005, 12:36:57 AM »
Huh? Did I miss a memo?

Offline amigacooke

• Show only replies by amigacooke
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2005, 05:03:35 PM »
I have to admit to being disappointed with Eyetech on their handling of their customers, but I'm also disappointed to see this kind of suicidal thread.

The antics of the companies in the Amiga market certainly put some users off, but I suspect this kind of bad-tempered, aggressive and unpleasant behaviour by the community did the Amiga no favours either.

Offline System

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2005, 05:39:45 PM »
I agree, and I apologize to all involved whom I might have offended in this thread.  

Whether or not I'm even partially justified in my now-extreme frustration is irrelevant.  The "Amiga situation" is pretty much frustrating for everyone in every direction.  In my case, the frustration is compounded by personal issues as well as the continued trolling and abuse by certain members of the site, as well as the different perspectives held by different people.

I also perhaps perceive MorphOS supporters as being on the defensive since Genesi dropped MorphOS where such a stance might not exist for certain individuals.  I really guess I should stop reading the other troll-guided "Amiga" sites because it really, really upsets me on a personal level to see former friends moronically tearing each other apart in a stupid "us versus them" war.

There is no way to "force" everyone to behave like the Amiga community of 1989, and I just need to give up the ideals that anyone can (or even should) agree on the issues involved here.

Just think about this (as I promise I will try to in the future) before posting.  Every one of the companies involved has serious problems.  All of them.  In most cases, the problems experienced by each company are even very similar to the others (no money, no market).  Amiga Inc?  Logistically bankrupt.  Genesi?  Logistically bankrupt.  Eyetech's board?  problematic.  MorphOS? homeless.  I could continue, but why?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a fight here.  My only point is that these problems DO exist, if only in perception.

As such, since all known problems have been on the table for years now -- even if some of them are just coming to public light -- is there any real reason to continue dredging up all the crap of the past?

Neither AI(KMOS)/Eyetech/Hyperion or Genesi/bPlan/MOS-team will succeed if we don't stop trying to rabidly defend them by beating up on the "other" side.  Wherein I think I got confused was that I was trying to force people to stop slamming either group, but that came (falsely) across as "blindly defending Eyetech".

Let me say something, and try to be as clear about it as possible.  I don't "support" any of the companies involved.  I hope all are successful, but there will be winners and there will be losers.  My best hope is that everyone involved will drop the ego-driven {bleep} and work together to create a cheap, standardized computer for everyone.  Since I have a better chance of selling ice cream cones in Hell, I guess there's really no chance of that happening.  Sad really...

In the last few weeks due to problems in my own life, I have seemingly forgotten the first rule, and that is to try and understand as well as respect different perspectives of the site's members.  For that, I apologize.

Wayne

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2005, 06:54:41 PM »
I have to admit I mostly read "discussions" like this, as an observer, which pretty much happen on another sites, where some of the posters can remain anonymous, and I always try to stay away from them because as evidenced here, everyone with *any* different opinion can be crucified by someone else who doesn't have the same view of the subject, especially if he is a known person. I also sorry that I posted here, by seeing what came after. But the response is quite understandable. The Amiga is no longer mainstream platform for more than 12 years now. The Amigans who left got so much passionate about their platform after all these years. While the people from the other parts of the computer world have cheap hardware, good software base, and decent support, we have to put much more money for slower solutions and no support at all. And this won't change. Not only this, but there is always a risk. The people who bought the AmigaOne XE took the risk of buying untested betaboards for the sake of seeing the platform advance. I am glad they did that because without them probably there wouldn't be any AmigaOS4 version available, even as prerelease. I wish to thank them all for taking the risk. And as shown there they are not left alone.

Currently the Amiga doesn't have any enemies, since nobody of the outside cares anylonger about it, not to mention pretty much nobody even remembers it, except the Amigans themselves, who got divided long time ago. And that's the main problem.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2005, 06:59:23 PM »
@Wayne

I'll buy one ice cream cone, please.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2005, 07:06:49 PM »
Currently the Amiga doesn't have any enemies, since nobody of the outside cares anylonger about it, not to mention pretty much nobody even remembers it, except the Amigans themselves,

Try posting any Amiga related story on slashdot.. See what happens  :-)
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline System

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2005, 07:13:54 PM »
Try posting any Amiga related story on slashdot.. See what happens
Hell.  Try posting a Linux story on slashdot.. See what happens...

There are simply some places -- and I'm sorry to say that due to my own actions, this site may have seemed like one recently -- where it's not worth going.

Wayne

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »
Wayne: Since your most critical post appeared so soon after my first comment on this thread, I tend to think I was among your's intented targets...

I can't talk for others, but I try to keep same standards for *All* companies/projects involved. If you'll check my comments related to Mos-development/developers on MorphZone you'll see I'm not been praising the way Zapek/Stunzi situation has been 'handled'. Nor that I'd be reallyhappy to see these 'delays' been hidden from users for well orver a year.

I sold my Pega2 last April/May cause I was disappointed the progress on Mos and applications (Hw was nice). Since then I have had none of these systems and without *major* improving it'll be highly unlikly I'll have one anytime soon.