Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8441 times)

Description:

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« on: January 30, 2005, 01:06:06 AM »
Eyetech is the distributor of the AmigaOne boards. God knows who the manufacturer is!

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 01:12:10 AM »
some people will be able to do it themself.

I sure some are quite capable of performing this fix. There are also some people who think they are quite capable of performing this fix, but are not. Do you really want to see forums full of posts like the screwdriver ROM socket removal?

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 01:13:01 AM »
Can we discuss this without the smearing and mud slinging?

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 01:28:50 AM »
If the third party is an official dealer, they should be authorised to do warranty repairs.

Yes, they should be authorized by the manufacturer. Though only Eyetech knows who that is. Eyetech should be providing the authorizer retailers/resellers with a back channel to the manufacturer. They should be trying less to be the front man of a manufaturer they got to produce the boards and more of a distributor.
It might be a better idea for them to separate the two, as they seem to want to be a manufaturer but operate as a distributor at the same time. They may need to separate the A1 production bussiness from their retail/distrobution business. Have a separate business or unit that licences and outsources the production of motherboards and another unit with is just product distrobution/retails sales. They could have Eyetech Industries Ltd. and Eyetech Distrubution Ltd both under Eyetech Group Ltd.  I think it would bring clarity of purpose that would help make things work more smoothly.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 01:42:56 AM »
they have missed to read that tiny sentence on the newsitem:    Quote:  If you purchased your board directly from Guru Meditation, only payment for the shipping costs are required.    In fact it's not that tiny, relative to the whole text, why they didn't read it, escapes me.

Guru Mediation also mentioned, I think on AW, that other dealer should be offering the same service in the next coming weeks. They just seem to be the first to get things setup. Assuming other dealers offer the same deal for the repair service, then it would be free. That is if your dealer is offering the service. Okay people, contact your dealer you purchased your A1 from and ask about repair service for these issues.

P.S. I'm not sure why if would void an active warranty. Anyone care to ask their dealer?

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »
Some days I think we're running a kindergarden...

Is everyone ready for nap time? It sounds like you are.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 12:41:47 AM »
so because there are people with no knowlegde on the subject, others shouldn't be allowed to either? that makes no sense.

Hey, if you don't mind a forum implosion, cool. Also, even if you are knowledgeable and qualified to do the repair at home, there is a chance you could damage your board. If someone else is getting paid to fix it and they screw up, they still have to make it right. The home fix either gets you a fixed board or a dead/damaged board. That paid reseller fix always gets you a fixed working board. Basically a matter of insurance against the risk.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 12:47:54 AM »
Has anyone thought of where Gure Meditation got the technical information for performing this fix?
or asked them?

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 12:58:13 AM »

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm still not sure how or why Genesi got in to this, erm, discussion.

Offline Argo

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 12:36:57 AM »
Huh? Did I miss a memo?