Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8314 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« Reply #74 from previous page: January 31, 2005, 01:38:35 AM »
PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware

So... Eyetech shouldnt either? Lets make a deal. Noone whines Eyetech and noone whines P5 or DCE and noone whines bPlan if their future products have problems. Just play happy and smile :-)

As for the warrenty , my 1200 got opened the same day i got it and i broke the seal ....

Btw did you know that "warranty void if opened" stickers dont have effect in all countries?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline JKD

• Show only replies by JKD
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2005, 01:43:40 AM »
Ah...so waht of all that extensive testing and debugging
with linux then? (The text of which has 'mysteriously' disappeared
from Eyetech's webpage...)

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2005, 04:15:53 AM »
>PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware ,

What has bPlan todo with any of your HW ?? Nothing !!
What have the other 2 have to do with this thread ? Nothing .......
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2005, 06:23:48 AM »

>PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware ,

What has bPlan todo with any of your HW ?? Nothing !!
What have the other 2 have to do with this thread ? Nothing .......

The way I see it is that Lempkee is trying to prophetise the future. By comparing Phase5 to Eyetech and GuruMediataion to DCE ???

IMHO that don't quite work (and Bplan has nothing to do with it..) but an idea of Eyetech been gone ain't totally unimaginable.

Note.. This ain't my idea. I have heard many times (and allways from 'reds') that the *key* reason Eyetech ain't fixing things is that they don't have any money left.

I wonder.. If they don't have money for fixing old boards, howcome they would have money for future production design/manufacturing?

JKD: They didn't understand importance of Linux testing in 2002..nor 2003 (by the time I gave up) nor apparently 2004 either.. I would not expect too much from any more.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2005, 08:36:43 AM »
Seehund wrote:
I wonder who could possibly keep a straight face while claiming to be offended by my post (especially in light of this news item, and some of the red/blue campist ad hominem nonsense that's left unmoderated right here in this thread)? Eyetech? Possibly. Just possibly though. But they're not Admins here. In that case these news must go, as they would fit whatever weird definition of "trolling" that's being used here.

Welcome to the "other side" guerilla marketing wing.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2005, 11:06:04 AM »
Let me re-ask a question:

Has anyone around here had real-life experience with Eyetech about this issue they'd like to share, instead of just throwing around wild speculation?

Seems "f94sbu" is the only one to even mention any kind of official solution at all, even if he didn't mention any specifics.

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2005, 12:21:19 PM »
Eyetech should be providing the authorizer retailers/resellers with a back channel to the manufacturer. They should be trying less to be the front man of a manufaturer they got to produce the boards and more of a distributor.
It might be a better idea for them to separate the two, as they seem to want to be a manufaturer but operate as a distributor at the same time. They may need to separate the A1 production bussiness from their retail/distrobution business. Have a separate business or unit that licences and outsources the production of motherboards and another unit with is just product distrobution/retails sales. They could have Eyetech Industries Ltd. and Eyetech Distrubution Ltd both under Eyetech Group Ltd. I think it would bring clarity of purpose that would help make things work more smoothly.

I read that and had to laugh, not because you're wrong, but we're talking about, what? 3 guys in a garage? The only thing any of that would change is a few of the papers in the filing cabinet.
 :-P

("3 guys" wasn't meant literally, that's not a dig at Eyetech.)
this space for rent

Offline Morley

• Show only replies by Morley
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:58 PM »
I'm tired of this crap, it's gone over more than 100x times. The popcorn and soda is beginning to jam my throat now.

Why the hell can't Amiga Inc. and Genesi realize that there is no room for both? It's like to burglars robbing the same car...only one stereo to take. Egoes that are out of proportion and silly stubborness is the only reason for this war. But it has become a locked situation, whoever survives will get monopoly over a 1000-2000 worldwide userbase. yippie.
Lame signature removed by moderator.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2005, 01:21:04 PM »
@Waccoon

Poster: Waccoon  Posted: 2005/1/30 17:53:23

Cool. So, when do Amiga users get the hardware for free if they don't want to ship their mobos in the mail and wait a few weeks?

Also, does it support all the stuff offered by SATA, such as hot-swapping, or is it just a PATA to SATA bridge?

I've have heard some things about the SiI3112A chip corrupting information in RAID configuration from various Linux forums, though. Anyone know about this problem?

Well, the cards are cheap enough (~$15-$18USD) so it's not too expensive if one has to actually buy it.

About the SATA, it's not a PATA->SATA bridge, as that would be physical hardware.  It is a fully functioning SATA driver for SATA PCI cards... Well, it doesn't support the RAID function under OS4, as I understood it, but other than that it features all of the other SATA benefits.

As far as data corruption under Linux with that chipset... ?  I have no idea.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2005, 02:00:46 PM »
("3 guys" wasn't meant literally, that's not a dig at Eyetech.)

3? Where did the other 2 guys from? :-?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2005, 02:02:01 PM »
@Morley,

Couldn't have said it better myself, though I wish I had.  Thank you.

While I hope for the best, there is no future for an Amiga community following either platform at the current time, especially since they simply can't get along.  

As such, I'm sincerely thinking about ripping down the whole site  and rewriting it as merely a place to come and find information about the Classic Amiga.  Maybe then we can just ignore the Boumas and Richardsons who have continually demonstrated their determination and willingness to destroy what's left of already microscopic community.

Wayne

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2005, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm still not sure how or why Genesi got in to this, erm, discussion.

Offline cdfr

• Show only replies by cdfr
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2005, 03:00:51 PM »
As such, I'm sincerely thinking about ripping down the whole site and rewriting it as merely a place to come and find information about the Classic Amiga. Maybe then we can just ignore the Boumas and Richardsons who have continually demonstrated their determination and willingness to destroy what's left of already microscopic community.

I am sorry Wayne but the accusations you have made against the AmigaZeux group do not make you any better than Mike or Kenny.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2005, 03:27:06 PM »
I cannot believe a handful of people here and on other sites accusing anyone of having a negative comment about the A1/Eyetech as being a blue troll. What's quite amazing is some of the people being accused this are long term A1 owners and long term users of the official A1 support site.

There is absolutely no hope for the Amiga market, even as a mini niche. A flawed product cannot be commented on even by the very people who shelled out huge $$ for it, without being shouted down as a heretic?

Mind you thre doesn't seem to be a blue/red divide anymore, there is a new split happening right now. The slit seems to be:
Group A - A1 owners and non owners pissed at flaws and nonresponse of the self proclaimed manufacturer
Group B - Defenders of Eyetech to the last breath, regardless of any laws or ethical questions

There are subplots, but this seems to be the major shift.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »
Group C - Those who don't care whether or not Eyetech, Hyperion, Genesi, bPlan et al survive at all, but are absolutely fracking sick to death of hearing people {bleep} and whine about the same problems that have been documented for three years or more.

Offline DrBombcrater

• Show only replies by DrBombcrater
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2005, 04:24:27 PM »
AmigaOne/OS4 already have a SATA driver, so they can already start using serial ATA drives.

Err... no. The SATA driver has not been publically released so SATA is, for the vast majority of A1 owners, not an option.