Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8448 times)

Description:

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
    • http://wrongpla.net
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« on: January 29, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »
DrHirudo wrote:
As usual the antiAmiga people are doing their trolling through negativity...

Not negativity, a little thing called cynicism that we human beings evolved, and found in the more intelligent of our species. (Possibly we evolved it while knocking our head against palm trees to get coconuts, where it was useful to preserve us against giving ourselves brain damage banging our heads against oak trees waiting for coconuts.)

The A1 situation sucks. Having to get an essential repair done when you've just purchased the (very expensive) thing sucks. Having to have your warranty invalidated to get that repair sucks. But what sucks most of all, is whining and labeling people ordinary people "Anti-Amiga" because they realise how crappy the situation is and don't like it.

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 07:34:20 PM »
DrHirudo wrote:
I must clarify that only someone with extremely poor biological knowedge would say this. But what we know the nonhumans. Whatever back on the topic.

You seem not to have realised that I wasn't being strictly factual, for example: a) Coconuts were probably not ever the staple diet of human beings or their forebears; (b) Oak trees are hardly endemic to Africa where it is thought we evolved; and (c) Headbanging is not thought to have been the most productive form of getting down coconuts, even by Man's ancestors; and (d) the coconut palm isn't a tree. But then allegory doesn't need to be always factual, does it?

Can you explain me what essential repair I have to get done with my microAmigaOne?
Can you tell me where I can purchase XE board which will need the repair just after I get it, now?

And can you first tell me where the original article or someone else mentioned microA1s or what they have to do with the close on 600 XE machines already sold or this deal? And what if the new fixed XE's have more bugs that need to be fixed? Obviously we've learned warranty won't cover it, isn't that a bad thing? Why would you choose to overlook this, and instead blame it on the "Anti-Amiga" trolls being negative?

Some of the XE boards have been purchased more than two years ago. How their warranty will get invalidated when it have expired already?

Active keyword, "some". Actually probably the vast majority, but still not "all". Whatever the situation, it's not a good one that ANYONE would have to invalidate a warranty on such an expensive and rare piece of kit, for ANY reason.

If you haven't noticed these ordinary whining and labeling "Anti-Amiga" people have the same names, don't have A1 hardware at all, and some other common among them is that they are posing most of the time their interest in other hardware, which is always irrelevelant to the discussion at all. I understand why this situation sucks for you. This sucks for me as well.

So basically what you're saying is, "If you don't have an A1, you're not allowed to have an opinion on it." Such a marvellous getout clause for not actually having an answer to the concerns raised here. At least you are right about me not having an A1; but I did actually plan to get one, until I was put off by the continous worries over its fitness for use (and price effectiveness), a decision I guess is allegorical to me realising I'd encountered an oak tree. Actually, I'm long since past caring about the A1 or its bugs or even it's users, it's the quick labeling of anyone with any criticism of really iffy situations as "Anti-Amiga" that gets right up my nose.

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
EntilZha wrote:
Obviously not, otherwise, you would have stayed away from posting. But then, you are one of the "intelligent" part of the species, and probably have to enlighten us poor stupid suckers.

Spare me your crass patronising. The A1's status speaks for itself and hardly needs anyone to make it sound worse. I wouldn't have even bothered to comment in this thread if it wasn't for the tired old "Anti-Amiga" accusation, especially since it has started to become so common again on this site. What you people love to keep forgetting is that there was an Amiga before the "AmigaONE", and that there are many forms of Amiga that don't follow Amiga Inc's licencing. Being critical of the A1 != Anti-Amiga.

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 05:16:28 PM »
Wayne wrote:
Indeed according to posts elsewhere, (at least some) AmigaZeux members have been essentially paid in hardware by Genesi to troll by negativity and anyone who dares to say differently is -- according to them -- obviously just a "stupid Amiga Inc cheerleader".

Wayne, please do not post such scurillous lies.

The "ODW" hardware was given by Freescale, not Genesi. It was given to *developers* to advance the PPC platform, and AmigaZeux are one of the few PPC developer groups (which include other groups like Gentoo development). There was no other reason, political or otherwise, for the hardware. Genesi certainly do not profit, especially since we're not interested in developing anything that could (now) help them sell boards.

AmigaZeux have been pro-MorphOS since 1998, and probably before. Yes, LONG before Genesi.

Your weak assumption that somehow we are being bribed into posting negative statements is not only so far off base it's on the moon, but also blatantly slanderous. It's laughable that I get blamed for making negative assumptions when you just made a monster of one. Especially when you consider my views haven't changed since long before the ODW project.

Oh and yeah, while we're at it, it's ME making these "negative" comments, not AmigaZeux - and I did NOT get a ODW. Hear that whistling sound? That's your conspiracy theory going down in flames.

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 08:35:29 PM »
Wayne wrote:
As expected, anyone who speaks out against the Guerilla Marketing arm of Genesi is shouted down as "stupid" and "moronic".

My God, you have a really, really irritating and recurrent habit of deflecting your weaknesses on others.

Remember when this site went very pro-MorphOS in 2003 after your earlier "negative" statements that you wanted nothing to do with these IP thieves? Naive, I believed it was because you believed MorphOS was good and had accepted it as a legitimate AmigaOS solution. Rather, it was because you were a fully fledged Genesi employee. Silly me for being positive. And there's me, who has never been employed by Genesi and owe it nothing, who is rather a shade of blue because he likes MorphOS, having to endure not only your condescending hypocritical lectures, but now your hate-filled slander.

You have absolutely NO right to lecture me on being part of "Genesi's guerilla marketing arm", Wayne Hunt. No right at all.

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »
EntilZha wrote:
YOU are talking about patronising ? You're the biggest, loudest patronizing troll of all.

Praise from Caesar, Im sure.

Did I say that ? If you would bother to read what I wrote, you would have noticed that I was only disgusted because you, in your usual inflamatory and arrogant manner, had nothing better to do than put forward yourself as "intelligent" and put down anybody else.

You can never ever make one single post without insulting somebody, or putting somebody down, calling names etc. And you call me "patronizing" ?

Look, I insulted no-one here, apart from the presently held concept of viewing justified cynicism as some kind of fatal evil flaw. You chose to turn that comment into an insult, your problem. If you want to think I'm insulting you, your problem. If you've turned over-defensiveness into an artform, your problem. I couldn't care less. Just don't try to make blanket statements like I'm the worst thing that happened to the Amiga community because I think that needing to have an A1's warranty violated to use it as advertised is a really crappy thing, okay?

Offline KennyR

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 08:36:43 AM »
Seehund wrote:
I wonder who could possibly keep a straight face while claiming to be offended by my post (especially in light of this news item, and some of the red/blue campist ad hominem nonsense that's left unmoderated right here in this thread)? Eyetech? Possibly. Just possibly though. But they're not Admins here. In that case these news must go, as they would fit whatever weird definition of "trolling" that's being used here.

Welcome to the "other side" guerilla marketing wing.