Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8450 times)

Description:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« on: January 29, 2005, 04:51:06 AM »
About 'no Mobo manufacturer' part.. You apparently don't follow Real World too closely.

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/
Apple Ibook Motherboard Switch program.  (ok.. they call it Logic-board.. but it's the same thing)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20923
MSI Recalls/replaces batch of Mis-made boards *before* they reach end-users.

etc.. it happens all the time... Everywhere expect in Amigaland.

Beasides: AFAIK your AFAYK is bogus. For lucky ones, those add.on cards have given relif, but they don't fix all the brolems on all the cards. Not to mention other problems (like USB) that aren't affected by adding Sound/Ide/Ethernet cards (at user's expence)

And even then.. Eyetech has not shown responsibility HW manufacturer (as they claim to be) should. They have been sweeping these issues under the rug over two years now.

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 03:38:21 AM »
Mikeymike:
  My understanding of the problem's history is that it was only last year that the problem was properly nailed down to a particular cause.

Point of this discussion ain't when *you* heard of those problems, or *if* you'll be able to understand electronics well enough to understand harsh realities behind smoke&mirrors publicicity.

Point is: When those problems were first found (2002- onward depending of BUG.. and there's been plenty) and when they are fixed under warranty? (never so far.. and we're at 2005 now)

If it really takes them two or three years to *Locate* obvious bugs, then it's definitely their lack of interest (or tallent) to blame. Furthermore there is no excuse for keep selling more boards without intention to fix old ones.  

PS: About Eyetech. Originally *They* claimed to be Manufaturers of A1 boards.. By now it's well known  and widely accepted fact that they didn't have any expertise nor did they do any actual design work (or testing) besides slapping their Name-sticker atop of them.

If this were 5 cent BallpoinPen made in HongKong, I would not care a lot if those don't work more than two weeks.. But for *Thousand* Euro Motherboard I'd expect a *bit* more. Escpeially since they are Tainting the "Good old NAME" with their questionable actions...

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 06:23:48 AM »

>PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware ,

What has bPlan todo with any of your HW ?? Nothing !!
What have the other 2 have to do with this thread ? Nothing .......

The way I see it is that Lempkee is trying to prophetise the future. By comparing Phase5 to Eyetech and GuruMediataion to DCE ???

IMHO that don't quite work (and Bplan has nothing to do with it..) but an idea of Eyetech been gone ain't totally unimaginable.

Note.. This ain't my idea. I have heard many times (and allways from 'reds') that the *key* reason Eyetech ain't fixing things is that they don't have any money left.

I wonder.. If they don't have money for fixing old boards, howcome they would have money for future production design/manufacturing?

JKD: They didn't understand importance of Linux testing in 2002..nor 2003 (by the time I gave up) nor apparently 2004 either.. I would not expect too much from any more.

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »
Wayne: Since your most critical post appeared so soon after my first comment on this thread, I tend to think I was among your's intented targets...

I can't talk for others, but I try to keep same standards for *All* companies/projects involved. If you'll check my comments related to Mos-development/developers on MorphZone you'll see I'm not been praising the way Zapek/Stunzi situation has been 'handled'. Nor that I'd be reallyhappy to see these 'delays' been hidden from users for well orver a year.

I sold my Pega2 last April/May cause I was disappointed the progress on Mos and applications (Hw was nice). Since then I have had none of these systems and without *major* improving it'll be highly unlikly I'll have one anytime soon.

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 09:59:11 PM »
Ah... It was just really bad timing. Sorry

Anyhow.. IMHO it's good that people can discuss about these pboblematic issues relating to companies and products available at the market. And not just Praise and echo 'corporate info' but also question and debate earlier made decisions and company future plans.

Of course some there will be overreacting time to time and people tend to be highly sensitive about their previous comments (usually made in different situation and with partial information) ... Not to mention those Real-Bad-days we all have sometimes.