Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8457 times)

Description:

Offline Waccoon

• Show all replies
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« on: January 30, 2005, 02:25:28 AM »
Argo:  Okay people, contact your dealer you purchased your A1 from and ask about repair service for these issues.

Good idea.  Has anyone around here had real-life experience with Eyetech about this issue they'd like to share, instead of just throwing around wild speculation?  MIA has already proven to be very unhelpful, but there has to be a real answer, somewhere.

I'd make sense to me for Eyetech to offer free ATA cards as an alternative to shipping back your motherboard.  Maybe they'd like to turn this into something positive by making some drivers for a SATA card, allowing AmigaOne users to have SATA?  Trust me, once you've used it, you won't want to use ATA100 ever again.  :-)

Offline Waccoon

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 10:53:23 PM »
KennyR:  What you people love to keep forgetting is that there was an Amiga before the "AmigaONE", and that there are many forms of Amiga that don't follow Amiga Inc's licencing. Being critical of the A1 != Anti-Amiga.

It's the damned, old-fashioned, unwritten law of the land...  "Thou shalt not be critical of the people in charge."

I could go into some "Anit-War != Unpatriotic" rant, but I'm sure people know this already... I hope.

Herewegoagain:  AmigaOne/OS4 already have a SATA driver, so they can already start using serial ATA drives. It is specific to one chipset for now but still available. See the following link...

Cool.  So, when do Amiga users get the hardware for free if they don't want to ship their mobos in the mail and wait a few weeks?

Also, does it support all the stuff offered by SATA, such as hot-swapping, or is it just a PATA to SATA bridge?

I've have heard some things about the SiI3112A chip corrupting information in RAID configuration from various Linux forums, though.  Anyone know about this problem?

Offline Waccoon

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 11:06:04 AM »
Let me re-ask a question:

Has anyone around here had real-life experience with Eyetech about this issue they'd like to share, instead of just throwing around wild speculation?

Seems "f94sbu" is the only one to even mention any kind of official solution at all, even if he didn't mention any specifics.