Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8480 times)

Description:

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:10:38 PM »
Fact is, Eyetech doesn't stand behind their products.  These bugs have been known for years (ie. during the "warranty period").  Eyetech should have sposored the fixes  Instead they did nothing.

Eyetech doesn't care about the Amiga.

I applaud Guru Meditation for offering this service.  It's just a shame that the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product.  It's things like this that cause people to leave the Amiga, and keep new users from coming.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 11:45:18 PM »
@mikeymike

The fix might have been found last year, but the problems have been known for some time.  Even Alan Redhouse confirmed, and said they had pinpointed, the DMA bug way back in Nov. 2003.  And, no action to this day.

Eyetech can not be trusted.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 07:16:04 PM »
Agreed, but in this case, some/most of these XE boards are AFAIK/IIRC Beta boards, and sold "as is", weren't they ?

Then someone should have told the dealers then.  Mr. Hardware, Vesalia, Software Hut, etc. have no mention of beta "as is" boards.  

Eyetech calls the systems Earlybird.  But, they mention this only from a software/firmware standpoint, not huge hardware bugs that cause major functions to be non-working.

Please note however that in buying an Earlybird system you are buying into a product that, from the software/firmware pont of view, inevitably needs further refinement before being able to be sold as a true consumer product. Support for the Earlybird syst tems is provided on mailing lists to which purchasers will be subscribed. However neither we nor the majority of dealers can undertake to give any Linux or UAE support to Earlybird purchasers, whether for motherboards or complete systems.

Offline adolescent

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »
oh, jesus christ!
when i see all this whining and crying i just want to slap everybody's face.

Have you all forgotten the "real world"??

you know....the one where 220,000 plus people died in a tsunomi last month?

While this event is tragic, it's not related to the topic on hand.  And unless Eyetech was directly affected by the disaster some 2 years ago it doesn't change the fact that they have not acted responsibly.

I find your whining about the whining worse than the whining in the first place.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Mine is simple.  Eyetech is a bad company that doesn't give a crap about their users, the Amiga, or the community.