Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8434 times)

Description:

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« Reply #59 from previous page: January 30, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
@Wayne

We are all individuals and should be regarded as ones. Being part of certain loose group (say, #amigazeux), shouldn't taint the person or the group.

I'm really saddened to see such generalization from your part. I've always tried to stay clear of obvious trolling and baiting (well, perhaps except in case of certain mr doommaster), but this time I just couldn't stand by to see such trash (trash in my opinion) go uncommented.

Labeling and insulting people is rude and low. You know this.

I promise I will try my best giving your future posts the credit they reserve. With this, maybe I can still stay.

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »
Mister Richardson,

I have every right to say anything I damned well please.  See the name on the WHOIS lookup.  It ain't yours, so as I've said to you before, if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  end of story.

Only difference is, I've admitted my mistakes, you're still denying yours.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2005, 09:46:37 PM »
Keep in mind though that some (like "Amiga"Zeux members) are being bribed with free machines to perform "guerilla marketing" tactics for the Pegasos platform.

Pfffft. That is hilarious. Eyetech or MAI Logic can send their boards if they want to. Genesi and Freescale can send their HW if they want to. However if it was not Peg my main interest would be getting MorphOS to run on it. In fact the most of us were MorphOS supporters before Pegasos HW hitted the market. Amiga Inc and Ben Hermans (his stupid MorphOS is based on stolen source code lie) trying to kill MorphOS made it only easier to us.

Everyone dont like MorphOS, and everyone dont like AmigaOS 4, but everyone loves or used to love the original Amiga. Not that one raped by Amiga Inc.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline System

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2005, 10:00:48 PM »
To Guru Meditation and the starters of this thread,

I apologize for going off-tangent.  I'm very happy to see SOMEONE stepping up to address the problems.

I am just sick of the hidden agendas and trolling by negativity from particular members of this thread.  I personally would rather be the sole visitor to this site than to let them continue to use Amiga.org to slam everything except their chosen choice.

Maybe if we can make them understand the damage being done, they'll just go away and leave this site to the real Amiga users who actually want to be here.  Generalizing, sure.  Whatever.  The parable of a duck comes to mind.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »
Some days I think we're running a kindergarden...

Is everyone ready for nap time? It sounds like you are.

Offline System

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »
Sounds good.  BTW Chris, feel free to mod me any time you need to.  I have strong opinions and sometimes they go astray just like everyone else.  I'm a very emotional person right now, and I tend to  laser-light my targets too easily.  I just want the stupid trolling by negativity to stop.  If you're not a fan of something, and you're not going to buy one, then shut the hell up and let people discuss it who want to.  

As a mod, you can take any action you feel is necessary.

Wayne

Offline mrsad

• Show only replies by mrsad
    • http://members.chello.be/ws36055/
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2005, 10:37:38 PM »
There are also some people who think they are quite capable of performing this fix, but are not. Do you really want to see forums full of posts like the screwdriver ROM socket removal?

sure, people might screw it up, even guru meditation say they might screw it up (there is no guarantee).

i did the uboot upgrades myself as well (my rom was protected). i did not have problems, because i knew what i was doing.
so because there are people with no knowlegde on the subject, others shouldn't be allowed to either? that makes no sense.  :-o
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2005, 10:53:23 PM »
KennyR:  What you people love to keep forgetting is that there was an Amiga before the "AmigaONE", and that there are many forms of Amiga that don't follow Amiga Inc's licencing. Being critical of the A1 != Anti-Amiga.

It's the damned, old-fashioned, unwritten law of the land...  "Thou shalt not be critical of the people in charge."

I could go into some "Anit-War != Unpatriotic" rant, but I'm sure people know this already... I hope.

Herewegoagain:  AmigaOne/OS4 already have a SATA driver, so they can already start using serial ATA drives. It is specific to one chipset for now but still available. See the following link...

Cool.  So, when do Amiga users get the hardware for free if they don't want to ship their mobos in the mail and wait a few weeks?

Also, does it support all the stuff offered by SATA, such as hot-swapping, or is it just a PATA to SATA bridge?

I've have heard some things about the SiI3112A chip corrupting information in RAID configuration from various Linux forums, though.  Anyone know about this problem?

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2005, 11:42:33 PM »
just to mention something thats pretty important here:

PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware , they claimed they did and that it was lost after that, later on i shipped another item for repair and after they recived i never got a single mail.

I KNOW ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ARGUING HERE AND TROLLING EXPERIENCED THE VERY SAME THING! , and guess what i'm atleast getting my hardware which i paid for REPAIRD/FIXED. (and for FREE TOO)

As for the warrenty , my 1200 got opened the same day i got it and i broke the seal .... later on i added a internal hardrive myself and so on... no warrenty..oooh my heart still havent rested... and its over 12 years ago...

GROW UP guys..
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline JKD

• Show only replies by JKD
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2005, 11:46:49 PM »
Good (for Amiga XE users) to see Guru stepping into the breach where
Eyetech should be. As far as the rest of the negativity in the thread,
the only target should be Eyetech, not each other, not Wayne, not
Amiga.org etc.

Steve

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »
Edited by Admin: Trolling Again
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Argo

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2005, 12:41:47 AM »
so because there are people with no knowlegde on the subject, others shouldn't be allowed to either? that makes no sense.

Hey, if you don't mind a forum implosion, cool. Also, even if you are knowledgeable and qualified to do the repair at home, there is a chance you could damage your board. If someone else is getting paid to fix it and they screw up, they still have to make it right. The home fix either gets you a fixed board or a dead/damaged board. That paid reseller fix always gets you a fixed working board. Basically a matter of insurance against the risk.

Offline Argo

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2005, 12:47:54 AM »
Has anyone thought of where Gure Meditation got the technical information for performing this fix?
or asked them?

Offline Argo

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2005, 12:58:13 AM »

Offline f94sbu

• Show only replies by f94sbu
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2005, 01:19:15 AM »
Point is: When those problems were first found (2002- onward depending of BUG.. and there's been plenty) and when they are fixed under warranty? (never so far.. and we're at 2005 now)

No, the point is that you don't have a clue! The problems the rework fixes was identified and corrected last summer. I don't know when the USB issues were first discovered, but I know perfectly well when the problem was diagnosed and fixed.

If it really takes them two or three years to *Locate* obvious bugs, then it's definitely their lack of interest (or tallent) to blame. Furthermore there is no excuse for keep selling more boards without intention to fix old ones.

Hm, without any working DMA drivers for IDE there was no way of locating any problem. Fact is that the problem was located a couple of weeks after the the inital reports came. And the solution took about 2 months before it was finished, mostly due to the fact that no one could spend their full time on this.

rgds,
Stefan

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2005, 01:38:35 AM »
PHASE 5 / DCE / BPLAN never fixed my hardware

So... Eyetech shouldnt either? Lets make a deal. Noone whines Eyetech and noone whines P5 or DCE and noone whines bPlan if their future products have problems. Just play happy and smile :-)

As for the warrenty , my 1200 got opened the same day i got it and i broke the seal ....

Btw did you know that "warranty void if opened" stickers dont have effect in all countries?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook