Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upgrade your PCI busboard to MEDIATOR  (Read 2458 times)

Description:

Offline DJSTopic starter

• Show only replies by DJS
    • http://www.elbox.com
Upgrade your PCI busboard to MEDIATOR
« on: May 31, 2004, 02:36:19 PM »
Elbox Computer is pleased to present to users of non-Mediator Amiga PCI busboards a special offer of upgrade of their PCI busboards to MEDIATOR--the most advanced and best supported PCI solution for Amiga.

In return for your current PCI busboard you can have the Mediator PCI at a special upgrade price. The offer covers an upgrade to the following models of Mediator PCI: 4000D, 4000Di, 3/4000T, 3000D, 1200SX, 1200LT4, 1200ZIV.

If you are interested in offer details, contact our technical advisor at upgradePCI@elbox.com. Do not postpone your decision, this very special offer is valid only through 14 June.

About Mediator
Hardware features:
• from 4 to 6 PCI slots (PCI 2.1 compatible)
• 66/33MHz PCI clock (PCI-to-PCI transfer rate up to 264MB/s)
• 32-bit PCI datapath
• 4GB PCI memory space
• Busmastering/DMA in all PCI slots
• SDRAM/SGRAM of PCI gfx card as a fast DMA buffer
• Address and data parity control support
• Interrupt controller (4 lines to each PCI card)
• Compatibility with all turbo and CPU card models
• Simultaneous operation of PCI and Zorro III/II cards

Software:
• 2D graphic drivers for: Voodoo5, Voodoo4, Voodoo3, Voodoo Banshee, Virge and S3 Virge DX PCI graphic cards
• Warp 3D drivers working with Voodoo5, Voodoo4 and Voodoo3 graphic cards
• TV tuner drivers for: most of the available PCI TV tuners (over 100 models supported)
• AHI sound drivers for: Sound Blaster 4.1 Digital, Sound Blaster 128 and ForteMedia FM801-based sound cards (e.g. Terratec 512i Digital)
• USB drivers for the Poseidon stack for: Spider and Spider II USB 2.0 cards
• Network Sana-2 drivers for: Fast Ethernet 100Mbps PCI cards
• Network Sana-2 drivers for: Ethernet 10Mbps PCI cards
• Hardware MPEG Video and Audio PCI decoder - in developement
The list of supported PCI card models is available in the Mediator Driver Guide.

Mediator: the PCI busboard for the demanding!

Offline ironfist

• Show only replies by ironfist
Re: Upgrade your PCI busboard to MEDIATOR
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:59:12 PM »
Looks like they want monopoly..

Offline Jope

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:54:57 PM »
Video drivers for all Matrox PCI boards, please!

Offline Van_M

• Show only replies by Van_M
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 09:12:58 PM »
They probably feel threatened, upon the imminent release of AOS4 and they want to cash in some last orders before all amiga users migrate to A-ONE and Pegasos. Elbox will probably pull out of the Amiga market, soon after.
Remember the longevity of their bussiness depends on the amiga classic models around that will eventualy break down, sooner or later...
The new Megadeth album rules!

Offline Markus_Bieler

• Show only replies by Markus_Bieler
    • http://www.traumstation.ch
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
I strongly suggest to evaluate the buying of a PegasosII or an Amiga-One than to trade in obsolete hardware against obsolete hardware:-D

I don't know the price for this tradein, but my PegasosII serves me also with pci and it runs more or less all pre morphos-software. Even the good old SID V2.01 from my A1000-time works (though with some color glitches). And the speed is :-o :-o

Markus

Offline Gerbinist

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 10:25:46 PM »
All non-mediator users that comment I presume ;-)
Current: OS 3.1.4, Blizzard 1260/50, 64 MB, AGA, CF, Ryś MKII, PCMCIA/CNET
Storage: Elbox E/BOX 1200, SCSI Kit IV, Mediator SX, Voodoo3/4/5, RTL8139 Ethernet, Spider USB 2.0, PixelView PlayTV MPEG2, Terratec 512i, MAS MP3 Player

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 10:32:44 PM »
@Van_M

What you say might well be true, however its also conceivable that Elbox could  be attempting to increase their mediator Customer base, because of a certain sharkPPC card which they claim will go into production to coincide with OS4 final being released. Only time will tell :-?

I doubt either all Amiga users will necessarily migrate to the A-one or pegasos.
Allot of the classic Amigas will still be very much supported under OS4 and it's highly unlikly the Classic systems will become extinct overnight.

Offline HopperJF

• Show only replies by HopperJF
    • http://www.michael-powell.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 12:17:50 AM »
you never know elbox might have some good tricks for the A1 up their sleeves, and if they dont, they should start thinking of some!
sadly the classic amiga market wont be profitable for even the strongest of classic dealers in the near future, forcing them to go A1/Pegasos or do what many Amiga dealers have had to resort to: selling PC stock as well, which usually means they end up bankrupt or going to PC only.  :-(

or in the case of gordon harwood computers, macs, which indeed i wont be too gutted about  :lol:
Religion is for people who believe in hell.
Spirituality is for people who have been there.

Offline pha_q

• Show only replies by pha_q
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 02:11:43 AM »
Best supported? The Mediator is the only PCI busboard not supported by OpenPCI...

Offline Acill

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 12:44:08 PM »
Yup I agree here, I think Elbox will be in a world of hurt soon if they dont release the Shark as they said they would. It needs to run OS4 too. If it acts as a standalone system that just uses the classics Mediator and takes over the system it should work well since it is basicly just a computer on a PCI card. I just dont think its real and it wont be released. Thats why I got a Pegasos II myself.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline rayt

• Show only replies by rayt
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 07:39:01 PM »
Best supported? The Mediator is the only PCI busboard not supported by OpenPCI...

Yeah, but it has still more drivers than openpci..

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 09:56:38 PM »

Neither Elbox nor OpenPCI provide open solutions. Elbox we know about. OpenPCI is open in name only--you have to be part of the Amiga hardware inner circle (whatever that is) to get access to the SDK. I presume that's why there are fewer drivers available for OpenPCI.

Trev

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 11:15:43 PM »
OpenPCI is absolutely the best thing on Amiga...
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline artman

• Show only replies by artman
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 11:52:57 PM »
@van_m

Hmmmmm, almost 20 years now, and my Classic just keeps going and going and.....Best regards, Art :lol:

Offline Legerdemain

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 10:11:04 AM »
OpenPCI is absolutely the best thing on Amiga...

Is it, really? Last time I checked it seemed like it supported like 3-4 PCI-cards out there... Realtek 8139 and some soundcard? Or was it just me not getting hold of the correct information?

I mean, the project seemed good in theory, but much did not seem to have come out of it. Mediator supports quite a few cards already... I don't see why one should go for something that isn't evolving in any way...
Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.