Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mai Excited about Validation!  (Read 7134 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: Mai Excited about Validation!
« on: February 25, 2003, 12:03:52 AM »
Just another attempt to bash MAI/A1.

This is called real old fashioned journalism. When is the last time you contributed something? It's easy to bash, but hard to be productive.

@Targhan

Interesting article, best I've read in a while.

@Ben

You keep telling us this for ~1 year now but we havn't seen it yet:-) I hope you are right!
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 01:03:15 AM »
@MikeB & Paul_Gadd

For shame :-x

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 01:13:43 AM »
Why would you like to lay so much shame on Amiga.org and indirectly onto the "Amiga/MoprhOS community"?

I didn't, I said you and Paul(although Paul editted his own post, thanks) I could extend that to a few more people. Your attack on Targhan is uncalled for.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 01:22:48 AM »
You must have misread something.

First you said

IMO running this as a "news" story is pathetic (I would have expected such a posting on ANN though). Well if the "community" can sink deeper, then why shouldn't we, seems to be the reasoning....

That's an attack.

Clearly Targhan has his own agenda to write this rant,

Why must it be an agenda? Go to any news site or turn on any tv and you will see investigative repoting. You may or may not agree with it, but it doesnt mean there is an agenda.

however Amiga.org decided to post it as a news item.

Targhan is a webmaster here and he contributes a ton of time and effort to A-Org. I don't appreciate pop shots at him just as I dont when they are directed at wayne.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 11:17:32 PM »
I just hope the webmasters have learned from the things I have written, and finally see the mistake they have made with regard to the way this opinion piece was presented to the public.

Why don't you do some research on how IBM rigorously tested MAI's chips, also interview IBM top brass and get official statements on how they feel MAI's chips are worthy of validation. when you finish do the same for several other companies certification/validation. Then you should come back and write a news article dispelling the belief that validations like IBM's are marketing hype. Until then please lay off full frontal attacks on people like Targhan. I mean really, I remember defending you after a similar type article you wrote on OS-News even considering your information was based on hearsay and opinion, not research. You are the same Mike right?

@All

Please consider this. Like the message or not, this is true editorial news. If you always(in the so called Amiga spirit) attack the messenger because you do not like the message, you will never get quality news.

For this in particular myself and many others already knew the truth behind 'validation' type marketing hype and this was just another well written article on the matter. To others, they truly cannot see the forrest for the trees. All they see is a perception that someone is bad mouthing Eyetech, which is not the case.