Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mai Excited about Validation!  (Read 7071 times)

Description:

Offline Ivan

• Show only replies by Ivan
    • http://www.mnsi.net/~ivan/index.html
Re: Mai Excited about Validation!
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2003, 05:07:28 AM »
You people really need to lighten up.

Targhan, you restated a long known fact (well, at least to me) about business as usuall in this day and age. Businesses like to spin up thier products. Maybe more people should post things like this (everywhere in the world, not just in Amigaville). I dont care who you used as an example, you stated your intent or 'agenda' (if any) in the opening paragraphs, "Truth in advertizing". I give you credit the same as Ben Hermans did, nice research. I wish more people would post rather than fight some agenda. Truth is, business does make alot of noise about thier products. Thats called marketing, if your interested in the details of thier IBM certification and what MAI really does offer in a chipset then contact MAI and IBM yourselves and find out. If you didn't have a clue about marketing practices these days, well now you do.

The rest of you, oh man your a sad bunch. JoannaK has nothing better to do than try and make an argument off topic with Ben Hermans (we dont care what you think of him), Paul_Gadd is his usuall 'crap on everything' self (go away, your polluting the threads), others cry it's not news cuz i already knew (then shut up if you have nothing to contribute), just to name a few. Grow up people. Your lucky i'm not a moderator here or i'd have cut 30 responses to this item by now.

It was a good read Targhan, thanks. :)

Ivan

Offline TarghanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2003, 05:17:50 AM »
@Ivan
Thank you.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2003, 05:37:45 AM »
@Herewegoagain

First of all.. chill out, you are way over reacting to this!  :-o

I'm thinking of a news article I could do....wonder if they will post it.....

I'm a news moderator at Morphzone, so if you have a news article I will have a look at it and post it if its reasonable.

By the way, Targhan ran his article past me and I see nothing wrong with it. I see news articles like this on television all the time.  :-D

You would except to see a report exactly like this on a national consumer television program such as MarketPlace in Canada. :-D

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2003, 05:51:52 AM »
@HyperionMP

That's the good thing of having access to inside information not available to the public.

You have inside information?

I have seen the future of PPC and I like :)

You wouldn't happen to have the IBM PPC roadmap past the 970 would you? :-D

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2003, 06:30:52 AM »
Poster: MikeB Date: 2003/2/24 19:54:36

IMO running this as a "news" story is pathetic (I would have expected such a posting on ANN though). Well if the "community" can sink deeper, then why shouldn't we, seems to be the reasoning....

Mike, your just jealous that someone did actual research and make your typical pathetic articles look like the puff pieces they are.  And go whine to someone who cares... ;-)

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2003, 06:33:50 AM »
Poster: MikeB Date: 2003/2/24 20:16:51

You must have misread something. Clearly Targhan has his own agenda to write this rant, however Amiga.org decided to post it as a news item.

Oh, I see now.  If it backs up your fluff pieces, it's good journalism.  If it goes contradicting your favorite spin, it's a rant.  Gotcha.

That's real big of ya Mike.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2003, 07:13:03 AM »
@ Downix, Dammy and all the other well known trolls

I'm with redluma here, you are behaving very inappropriately considering that Targhan did his research and backed it up.

First of all, I don't share his underlying opinions and conclusions with regard to Mai Logic, but that is besides the point.

Secondly you two guys have repeatably spread nonesense and FUD with regard to me and others without ever backing this up, so the things you say make no sense coming from you. For example, you Downix, made endless stupid 0% true statement like "Calling Sassenrath a god, when on other posts you go on and on about how his work is obsolete and not worth bothering with?" or you Dammy stating in dozens of postings how you know 100% for certain that Amiga Inc is bankrupt. If you guys are so right, then please back up such nonesense statements now.

Oh, I see now. If it backs up your fluff pieces, it's good journalism. If it goes contradicting your favorite spin, it's a rant. Gotcha.

I am against this kind of behaviour, running such rants as general news. Also if this was directed towards Genesi, H&P, Microsoft, etc.

I am sure that (almost) none of the general news websites would have run this "news" story. Not OSNews, not Tweakers, not CNN, not even a trolls nests like Slashdot, etc. But yet again the Amiga community proves that Amigaland is the land of endless possibilities (in the negative sense)....

@ Amiga.org webmasters

Just look at the people who are backing you up today, they are the members of the FUD/misinformation spreading gang of yesterday.  Don't you really see what you are doing to this website and how you are hurting the outsider opinion of the Amiga/MorphOS "community"?

Just for your information, I *could* write hundreds of similar "news" articles trying to attack various "Amiga related companies". But I don't, because what is there to be gained? IMO nothing, only to loose and make both the involved companies and the "community" look even more pathetic than they already do. (Sometimes even entirely by themselves)   :-(

Offline System

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2003, 08:56:58 AM »
@ Targhan

What I'm bashing is the industry in general, and it just so happened that Mai picked the perfect time to make an example out of themselves.

IMO nonesense, I believe your choice for Mai Logic is anything but a random coincidence. Based various information I received, it is likely that Mai does not want to work with Genesi anymore.

Bill Buck even goes as far as spreading hollow legal threats directed against Mai. Now you happen to be a vivid MorphOS/Pegasos follower and so it truly looks as if you have a hidden agenda.

Offline Step

• Show only replies by Step
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2003, 09:21:49 AM »
Ouch!

I dont see the point when people complain that this is not a newsitem, theres no editorial space here except if you drop it in the forum right ?, i like editorials as they provide a persons view of different issues. This one was interesting, a bit abvious perhaps, but still interesting.

I dont mind seeing some stuff in the news section thats not really news, aslong as its not the typical forum stuff. Perhaps in the future the site will offer some editorial space ?
 :sealed: Think, before :ranting:

Offline jumpship

• Show only replies by jumpship
    • http://onlyamiga.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2003, 09:23:41 AM »
Ooo so MAI put some spin on a press release, wow, woope doo.

Wake me up when you have all stopped acting like spoilt children

Offline anarchic_teapot

• Show only replies by anarchic_teapot
    • http://anarchic-teapot.net
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2003, 09:40:29 AM »
I agree with MikeB, Paul_Gadd and the rest: this is not news, it's opinion.
It's certainly not good journalism. Why?
- Straw man: the person is attacking a company for what 3rd parties may or may not have claimed re their product
- Inbuilt bias: it would appear that at no point has any attempt been made to contact MAI for further details or explanation
- It contains blatant untruths and mis-representations (it is for example claimed that the Articia S doesn't work with the 750 FX)
- It makes use of emotionally charged words in what I would call a dishonest way, particularly "earn". This is marketing usage, not journalism
- The article first appeared on Morphzone, a forum about which the visitor is told nothing, most particularly who runs it and how closely related it is to Genesi. Personally, until such points are cleared up I'd rank it on a par with an article on Linux published on MSN.
Good try, but lacks form, balanced research, and unfortunately appears to have a pre-loaded agenda. More for The Sun than The Guardian, I'm afraid.
AT

Offline System

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2003, 09:51:22 AM »
@ Step

i like editorials as they provide a persons view of different issues.

Me too. However this isn't "hardware news" and normally when dealing with opinion pieces, this should be made obvious right from the start and normally I would like to know some background info on the author.

Offline anarchic_teapot

• Show only replies by anarchic_teapot
    • http://anarchic-teapot.net
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2003, 09:52:02 AM »
You would except [sic] to see a report exactly like this on a national consumer television program such as MarketPlace in Canada.  

Ah yes, television, where the spectacular necessarily prevails over the rigorous. Never mind the facts, just look at the audience ratings. Not a good reference, I'm afraid, although a conscientious TV hack would have tried to talk to MAI as well.
AT

Offline MiniBobF

• Show only replies by MiniBobF
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2003, 10:06:08 AM »
Very nice "research " there but I know for a fact that within the next few months, you will be corrected in a major way.

That's the good thing of having access to inside information not available to the public.

I have seen the future of PPC and I like :).

Anything to do with MPC7455, MPC 7457, PPC970 or PPC750GX?

Neil Thomas, AKA MiniBobF

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2003, 11:47:07 AM »
My first posting in this thread has been removed without further notice. Could the moderator who did this give me a small hint as to why he removed my posting? I honestly don't have the slighest idea, and I'd like to know which part of the posting guidelines I violated.

Offline ksk

• Show only replies by ksk
« Reply #59 from previous page: February 25, 2003, 12:30:36 PM »
If things had happened like they were planned to happen in PPC roadmaps in 1997/98, we would have already G7 CPUs...

I could try to dig those old roadmaps out (just for fun) ... I think I have IBM and Moto papers stored somewhere ... I think they are not so top secret in this century...

btw little offtopic, but is there any news about AMD technology going into future PPCs?
AMD goodies that could make the IBM&AMD co-operation very important:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_4699_4741,00.html

Here's a little information bits of what IBM will do after PPC970: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7973