Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IBM to unleash new PowerPC chip  (Read 3141 times)

Description:

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
Re: IBM to unleash new PowerPC chip
« on: October 14, 2002, 07:53:28 PM »
Real World? P4 and Athlon are much faster than any current Mac by more than 2-3 times. I read several articles comparing a P4 2.5 Ghz against a double 1Ghz processor mac, and Mac didn't even come close...as in, it was half the speed. But I do hope this new line kicks Intel and Athlon butt. :-o

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 08:46:12 PM »
AmigaMac,

Here is the quote from the article:

"At the level of "2x gigahertz, we will compete very reasonably against the (Intel) Pentium," said Chekib Akrout, vice president of microprocessor development at IBM Microelectronics. "

I'm sure you read that:-o and if you have:"what are you talking about then?' just let someone be right for goodness sake.
And that's with the new chips not the old ones. So it's not exactly propaganda even though just plain clockspeeds are not all that matters. Take into account that before year's end we'll see 3Ghz Pentiums and I'm aure AMD has something up their sleeve. In any case I'm all for competition and I'm happy to see new PPC chip and I hope they do surpass Intel some day.  :-)

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 08:49:04 PM »
And Acill,

You are probably right at the same clockspeed, but we can't say oh but fastest ppc is faster than a 3-4 year old Intel chip or something like that. I understand your point, but we must compare like this or we will never see a PPC catching up to the Intels and Athlons.

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2002, 10:34:18 PM »
Dethknight,

nice inclusion of mickeysoft, that's priceless. Hmm I wonder what you used to post this message and I wonder how long it took you to assume that I love MS... hypocrite comes to mind, cause that's what you are no two way about that. guess what I used? no, no, no... guess again! :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 11:41:44 PM »
Pteppic please read this part of his post:

"Two of these bad boyz and any decent non mickey$oft OS, and I think I could make my own "switch" ad."

read the microsoft part carefully. so please defend me if you made an exception for him...pretty please. makes me sick to be called MS lover and I notice even the smallest hint.  ;-)

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2002, 12:47:57 AM »
Pteppic, point taken'
Dethknight I appologize if you didn't mean me in your thread. I rush to judge, but it seemed possible at the time.  :-D

Pteppic, thanks for at least defending rest of my points :-)

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2002, 01:28:20 AM »
imagine

Offline Mickey

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2002, 01:49:46 AM »
Hammer read his name "AmigaMac", you can see why he says what he says don't you? Those post don't require responses, they are self-answering.