Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's official. "Introducing Matrox Parhelia™-512"  (Read 3871 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: It's official. "Introducing Matrox Parhelia?-5
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 16, 2002, 03:31:48 PM »
But will AMIGANAUTS show their gratitude and buy it, in enough numbers to make other manufacturers sit up and notice??

If drivers are available, this will likely be the #1 GFX card choice of Amigans. Considering this is going to be a very highend card and NOT cheap, sales to Amigans should put 'Amiga' on the map in Matrox's eyes. A few thousand sales to 'Amigans', IF they know it is going to Amigans will sit nicely.
 :-D
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2002, 08:23:48 PM »
IF they know it is going to Amigans will sit nicely.

Good Point AOLmurdered !!  Perhaps Amigans should state on the registration card that its for an Amiga (even if theres not an "Amiga" option).

I did this with my Epson Registration.
The Reluctant Pom

Offline Brian Hoskins

• Electronics Engineer & Computer Programmer
    • Show only replies by Brian Hoskins
    • brianhoskins.uk
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2002, 04:41:15 AM »
I completely agree.  And also, while the card will without doubt be a very large investment, particularly after having dug deep for an A1 setup already, at least it'll last.  I wouldn't be at all suprised if that card would still be considered "high performance" by the time the NEXT Amiga comes around, and in that case you can just transfer it can't you.

So yeah, good investment.  It has obvious benefits for gamers, but I'm more of a work environment based man myself (hence my dislike for windows) so what benefits would the card give for us techies??