Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS daily usage By You?  (Read 7714 times)

Description:

Offline pVC

Re: AmigaOS daily usage By You?
« on: November 24, 2017, 01:23:50 PM »
Quote from: AmiDelf;833360
Hello

I would like to know if some of you uses AmigaOS as your main operating system?
I'm using MorphOS as my main operating system, and as it's included in the poll, I take it belongs in the "AmigaOS" category :)

Do you see it as a hobby usage or daily usage? Do you use Windows or OSX for tools that AmigaOS doesnt have? And would you use AmigaOS way more if it had the same tools as Windows or OSX?
It's daily usage for almost everything. I have Linux server(s) for light ftpd/httpd/irc bouncer/backup purposes, and that could be done on Amiga/MorphOS too, but I rather have separate machines for that (RPi server doesn't consume much electricity, I can freely reboot/turn off my daily machine without interrupts for servers, etc reasons). I also have a Windows machine, which is mainly used as a torrent slave. It's just left running headless on spare room and I control it via RDesktop on MorphOS. I also have OSX on some of my MorphOS machines as dualboot, and I boot them once a month or so when some web service doesn't seem to work with OWB to try if it would work on TenFourFox.

What kind of AmigaOS do you have? What do you use it for? Would you use AmigaOS way more if it had all the tools you needed?
But as said, my daily usage is on MorphOS and I use it for browsing, ircing, emails, other net activities, music listening, movie watching, digital photo processing (with Showgirls) and storing, web page updating, coding, image processing (ArtEffect+Showgirls+PPaint combo has been quite enough for me), printing, books/comics reading, audio CD ripping (Flacapella rulez), etc... and I practically keep all my data on my main MorphOS machine, be it photos, texts, documents, personal notes, or anything. In that regard all other machines are hobby and they don't have any important data like I have on my MorphOS machine.. which I guess makes my MorphOS machine the "serious business" one :) Maybe the hobby/non-hobby machine can be defined by where your life work is mainly kept :) I've kept data of my life on Amigas always...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:29:19 PM by pVC »
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.