Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Moderation Techniques  (Read 15601 times)

Description:

Offline TheMagicM

• Show all replies
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: Forum Moderation Techniques
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:29:25 PM »
It had nothing to do with power hunger (I locked the thread)....Banning/Locking someone from AO is a last resort in my book.  The thread had gone away from just comparing two machines to mud slinging.  Sorry if you dont agree but I get tired of it.  And yes, I do keep track of people that cause problems.   Locking threads is something that I'll do more often if needed..it seems as though I watch over children arguing about who in what company said this and that about another guy in a company?  WTH is that about?  

I'm more then willing to read about comparasins between a A1 and Pegasos as long as its about hardware/software and not just plain mud slinging.

lempkee:
I posted a price on the A1 (500 or 800) compared to a Peg, but that was in no way intended as a slam etc.  So dont take it to heart :)   I just could not remember off the top of my head what the price was at the time.  

Even though I am a Peg user, slamming a A1 user will not be tolerated and vice versa.

Thanks for your feedback  Brian!  If at any time you feel as though something is not right or needs improvement, by all means, ask a moderator or post up!  :-)

Alex
-TheMagicM
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline TheMagicM

• Show all replies
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: Forum Moderation Techniques
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 06:41:28 PM »
It'd be great if the trouble makers could be singled out instead, it's a pity that. Maybe a warning should be issued to people who persistently cause problems because these kinds of things ruin it all for the rest of us.

You are correct..that would be good.   Another site (car enthusiast) site I post on, is moderated more strictly.  Sending Pmails to offenders will be a start, locking them out will be another option.    I'm just a very tolerant individual and I believe it gets the best of me as I've never locked a thread until now nor issued warnings.  Well, its in the best interest of YOU the user for me to do so.  Might make me quite unpopular, but hey, thats what I'm here for!

-Alex
TheMagicM
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143