Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Look what DosBOX can do!!  (Read 7330 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Look what DosBOX can do!!
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
Whatever the windows version, its great news. Windows 95/98 can run tons of apps...

xp would be better, but your not doing that in dosbox. Its a start.

AROS getting closer to day to day machine every day. I hope and pray for better browsing and more productivity apps.... Every day I pray.

Of course I also pray for smp, a kickass video editing package, some kickass music applications and other things that may never happen...

Being able to substitute windows apps in the meantime would be great.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Personally, I'm glad he posted that. I'd heard dosbox could run windows 95/98 but I haven't tried it myself.

It IS useful if your runnnig aros on a machine and want to, say write a word document for work or something that requires windows. You don't have to reboot or switch machines just load the virtual windows and do it.

Besides that, nerds don't jokingly call it wintendo for nothing, there is thousands and thousands of games it can run.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:42:13 AM by haywirepc »

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
I agree something like wine for aros would be great.

On the dream of the "everyday amiga machine.."
I agree, but creating (or even porting) a flash capable modern browser has proven difficult.

What I'm very interested in seeing is AEROS. Being able to run amiga 68k apps, linux apps, dos apps, and windows apps... That would be the most ideal solution if you ask me.

For now I'm fine with having one aros box I fiddle with every now and then, but my everyday machine is linux... I can do pretty much anyting I want, except the more demanding windows games so I just reboot for my wintendo.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:11 AM »
Yes please do post a tutorial on howto do this....

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:41:34 AM »
Maybe its a nerd thing, but I love my linux box because it can run dos, c64,linux, windows and amiga programs all together. Its like having all the best software from all different systems all on one system, and thats very attractive. Every great amiga game I like, every great old dos game, whatever windows apps I need for work or whatever, all working point and click...

I also recently started tinkering with tandy color computer emulator, before amiga that was my main rig, because my dad worked part time at radio shack and they sold cocos (and crappy tandy 1000's) not c64's...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:42:55 AM by haywirepc »