Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Games  (Read 1249 times)

Description:

Offline AlfiebladeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Alfieblade
Old Games
« on: August 15, 2005, 05:03:25 PM »
Hello, well its good to see the Amiga is still alive and kicking. I`ve just dug out my old A1200 and unfortunately it is well and truly passed it,although i still have a lot of games for it(including some CD32).
  I was just wondering if i bought AMIGA FOREVER would i be able to put all the games into the hard drive of my pc and use the pc to play all my old games(master blaster is great after pub material).If it seems a naive question i apologise it`s just i have been away from computers for a long time(i got a ps1 after seeing driver on a demo)

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
Re: Old Games
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »
there are programs on amiga forever that can help you. makeadf can take amiga disks and make adf files with them. you can then take these and transfer them to the pc with a serial link or compress them with lha and if they fit put them on a 720k pc floppy.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline AlfiebladeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Alfieblade
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:03:21 PM »
Thanks for your info. I should be getting a new pc in the next couple of days(this one is at my parents house) i`ll get Amiga forever and give it a go
p.s. would this work with the cd32 discs

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 08:28:30 PM »
I think the CD32 discs can just be read directly by the emulator. IE, you put the disc into your CD drive rather than the CD32.

The reason you need to make the ADF images of the floppies is because the PC's floppy contoller can't read Amiga disks. This isn't an issue with CDs since they're standardized.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 04:04:25 PM »
If your A1200 has died, you will need another real Amiga to read your existing game floppy disks.  Your new PC can't read Amiga 880k formatted floppy disks without help from a device called a Catweazle.  You can find a lot of old games already converted to adf files on the Internet.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)