Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for an ATX PSU for a VERY HEAVILY EXPANDED A4000 - looking for suggestio  (Read 1075 times)

Description:

Offline ReflexTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hello,

i have a very extremely expanded Amiga 4000 in a full tower case, i added really a lot of boards and all the PSU i tried are not powerful enough on the 5Volt rail.
I mean, using this one: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01AKWVTVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 i only get 4,3 volt on the CSPPC, i was able to find an old school 350Watt ATX PSU that gives 5,2V with no devices plugged but in my A4000 it gives just 4,5/4,6 volt so it's not enough too.

I have to get 4,8/4,9 volt on the CSPPC in oder to obtain stable operations.

Any suggestions?

• Show all replies
i read the specs of the corsair RM850 and it gives just 20A on the 5V line, the ATX i have gives more than 30A on the 5V rail and it's not enough, so it will not solve the problem as i have a VERY expanded A4000 and i'd like to find a solution without unplugging any board

• Show all replies
yes actually i have a mediator and AmigaKIT ATX adapter, so maybe the problem is there, how can i solve? Is there any other adapter i can use?

• Show all replies
Hese recapped and made an heavy check of the MoBo so it is 100% OK, it's just a matter of Power Supply.
About the CSPPC Stachu100 changed all the Capacitors and upgraded the PPC to a 400mhz.
So the problem is not there.