Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 50251 times)

Description:

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
Quote from: dammy;743252
This is the problem with wanting to use AOS4.x series, you are going to have to pay serious amount of money for a system.
I think the real problem is not the money, it actually is the contradictory philosophy behind it. On the one hand we see the decision for a much better hardware architecture, but on the other hand, the unwillingness to consistently look forward. In the long run was just that in many ways a tactical mistake. So I think the X1000 would be particularly for potential programmers a much more interesting business field, if one were to focus solely on the actual hardware, rather than remain permanently backward compatible.
Imagine a microcontroller that doesn’t tell you what to do, but asks “What do you want from me?” - XMOS

Offline MicroStrand

• Show all replies
Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
Quote from: dammy;744011
With the money, you can do anything including breaking from the past as Apple did when it jumped to PPC and then to x86.  Without it, you stuck in quicksand, sinking as the rest of the world moves forward.
May be, but we are not talking about industrial investments here. Our topic is the amount of money one has to pay for the product, and it doesn't so much matter in this context. Much more important than that is breaking the old barriers for advanced software development, and that's what was missed from Hyperion until today unfortunately!
Imagine a microcontroller that doesn’t tell you what to do, but asks “What do you want from me?” - XMOS