Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 50194 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 26, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
Stefan Stuntz still lives? I tried to register MUI last year, the payment worked but I did not get any answer. I also sent a email and got no answer too. Hardly creating trust at me...

A basic question. MUI4 is property of Stuntz and licensed to MorphOS-Team and still in development by him?

I know of developers who maintain different sourcecodes what is not very efficient. And the problem are not the "big" differences but the small ones (f.e. CybergraphX related). I experienced that a couple of times when testing 68k applications and games on AROS 68k. It can be non-implemented AROS routines or different behavior/parameters. Often small differences can causes crashes (or at least non-working software) and are difficult to find if you do not know the different OSs. New developers from outside (who we will hopefully win in future) will not be willing to invest lots of time testing their software on different platforms and decide for one platform (they see the most potential in). Alternativ there are multi-platforms tools too who hide the differences but these tools are mostly not suited for every task. So by forcing developers to decide for MorphOS or against it could strike back on them depending on the situation.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:15:03 AM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
bashing "X1000" is a old hat, we need new targets now :-)

Offline OlafS3

Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
You mean just waiting till all competition has died? Would be a little too long for my taste :-). I hope that with progress of AROS at least some people of the community will be persuaded to use it. And then there are much more people outside...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
Trevor does not think that way. He is a "Amiga nerd" but expecially a "AmigaOS" fan. So he wants to develop new expensive "toys" and bring it (hardware-wise) to the maximum. You (and I) can agree on it or not but that will not change anything. We will certainly not persuade him to invest in other projects, best we can do to help things to improve in a way that we can persuade users and developers to support our favorite. And that is what I concentrate on. Trevor can do what he wants.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »
"we need computer for the masses not the classes" :-)

we need cheap solutions that attract people again. A-eon is up to now concentrating on high-price AmigaOS PPC solutions. That is Trevors decision for what he spends his money but it is certainly not the right strategy to win back users and expecially developers.