Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 50964 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 26, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Quote from: Haranguer;742353
Stefan is still alive and programming, but, sadly, his A3000 isn't, so he's having a little trouble generating personalised licences for MUI.  I emailed him and he provided a workaround.
isnt uae enough for the task, how about donating a replacement to him in exchange for open sourcing mui?;)

btw one could even donate him an x1k or some bike, although a bike might be too expensive;) i speaking from aros supporter perspective, since the genuine part of mui stunz is responsible for is still unmatched by zune and might be taken as fast reference. on the other hand im not sure if os4 users need anything like that, given 3.9 is already incorporated in their system.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:24:41 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »

I don't think Stefan is going to open source MUI.

perhaps, but if not, why not? if he isnt active anymore greater one time refund might be more satisfying than selling one mui license in two months at remaining interested or even bothering to amintain/delete the email traffic on the subject. would be a gain for both sides.

Actually, come to think of it a dual core PowerMac might serve as well.

fine. tell me when to chip in.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »
i think there always be problems in attitude and confrontations. therefore where the people claim prominent positions it will always be handicap. again i see here advantage in aros, where i feel it is not so important and even if there are leading personalities the whole effort is rather anonymous and easier to identify with without a need to subject oneself.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;742518
Sounds like a great way to lose.
dont think i see it in categories of win or lose, win against whom? lose against whom? we are all doomed to ose at this point sooner or later.
And I have no problem with Bill Buck or Ralph Schmidt.
Ralph is a genius.
They had a plan in place, and Bill tried to pull the rug out from under them.
Funny, since he did not profit from it and later had it done to him.
neither i have any problem with any of them, buck has always tried to sponsor amiga development so far ive seen, even the natami team, power2people initiative is great to have and the like..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
investing 200k like trevor confirms (and i think with production, supply and service it well be more) one could likely have designed fpga, hybrid/fpga (as jens suggested) or even an asic 68k system that could otherwise match few hundred mhz machines and be cheap enough to popularize whats left of amiga among retro-fans and geeks. if aeon systems arent having another target audience that may keep them afloat, i dont see gains in such a system in perspective. promarly it was waste of time to relay on os4 development, rather than that supporting big picture, tht means lowest possible common denominator as 68k  and such may have effectively attarct more skilled people across the whole community, as can be exemplary seen in mos, os4 and aros community where people are still interested in, say, fpgaarcade.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »
mikej does it as a hobby according to his statement, so he absorbs a lot of development expenses. varisys wants to get paid for every single thing they do, and likely not cheap.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 04:35:13 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;742789
@warzon

I take your point. A-EON's emphasis has changed towards some areas and now is starting to bridge the gap between 68k Classic and next generation AmigaOS systems.  You will see this is forthcoming software and hardware (watch this space).  We have already started with sponsoring Catweasel drivers for the X1000.

good to hear. im curious. i propose to evaluate possibly most general interest/tendencies in the community. cooperation with individual computers and co might be beneficial, jens ideas seem usually most sensible from my pov (no wonder).