Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aeros  (Read 6922 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Aeros
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
Quote from: trekiej;657456
If I install software to Aeros, do I get a choice of Linux or Aros?
I guess it depends on the installer program.

AFAIK, the whole thing doesn't consist of components you hunt down from the Internet yourself, but a pre-made package (on Efika MX for example, I was told it will come as an image file for easy boot/installation). A customized and somewhat streamlined(?) Linux sits on the hardware, but all it does is to boot up AROS (and there is no Linux desktop at all), and then sit underneath it and provide AROS an interface to the hardware through its drivers, and handles any Linux app you run from AROS. So IMHO (but I could be wrong) there is little point in "choosing Linux distro"; you won't see much of it, AROS is what you will see and use (with the exception of any Linux app you might choose to run), and I guess it comes pre-configured as one single SW package? Probably any updates will be handled in the same way? (i.e. you don't upgrade the linux part yourself, nor the AROS part, but download new releases of the AEROS OS that might contain both. This product is about Amiga/AROS, not Linux, which is only an "enabler" ;))

I'm looking forward to use AEROS on my Efika MX machines with real Adobe Flash, etc, etc. Will be cool! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)