Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks  (Read 5834 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
Ahem... yeah, yeah, yeah.

@ Jeff & beller:

In that thread, I did try to apologise, admitted things got out of hand and offered to put the past behind and move forward. Jim and I shared a PM even, with some humour thrown in where I thought we would have been able to move forward, but nope.

Hindsight and the past sure are funny things. Yes, I feel like {bleep} about Red "calling it quits" - but he's responsible for his own actions. Things did not have to end the way they did and this certainly doesn't need to turn into a pity party for anyone.  

I've moved forward. Made good on a lot of my promises to buy/share/sell and have spent hundreds with others on Amiga goods here and on Amibay as of late. The community is still alive and kickin'. Lots of excellent help, deals and discussion. Please try to maintain perspective here folks.

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
I agree with much that has been said here by all members, but it's really sad that some only value things monetarily. This is easily and obviously one of the largest things wrong with the world today. Wacked out value systems (intrinsic especially) and priorities. I could cite example after example of why this "logic" is flawed or counterproductive... only keeping something around because of its inflated (over or not) "value". Think about why you feel this way and look around. Pretty sad you'd throw something like an A4k away because of it's perceived worth to others.

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »

Glaucus wrote:
I can turn that around and say that if you love the A4000 so much you'd be willing to pay top dollar for it. I know I did when I bought it.

Nope sorry, can't relate. I love sex too, but would NEVER pay for it  ;-)  Contextually speaking, top dollar or "bargain basement". lol   And no, we're not going to get into how expensive it is maintaining a human relationship these days...  the Amiga habit would clearly win  :lol:

What I am saying is that people can value something without always having to stick a monetary price on it. Just because I would not pay "top dollar" for something does not mean I intrinsically value it any less.