Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks  (Read 5833 times)

Description:

Offline Plaz

Re: Redrumloa rocks all kinds of socks
« on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
You don't have to log in to lurk. And hopefully he knows he still has friends here.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »
@Belial6

Right or wrong the thread went too far. Red was even accused of shilling user account for a profit and had his access at one site cutoff "guilty until proven innocent".

Some think Red mis-spoke, don't we all once in a while?

Still you throw out suggestions that he's "mistreating new members" and "his misbehavior is OK". Frankly I don't agree with those assesments and it all sounds like a FUD campain that needs to stop.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:40 PM »
What Red decides to do is his own business and I blame no one for that. I take issue with incendiary comments.

"If ffastback is going to mistreat new members, then is it worth it for him/her to be be part of the community?"

I imply you're doing some thing wrong while I can totally deny implying you're doing some thing wrong. Some make an art form of this type of conversation. Others more sensitive than you and I take offense. Those more callus then say "get over it", clearly knowing it's an annoyance to the more sensitive. These types claim to be more adult and sophisticated while in reality they're just praticing a more advanced form of pettiness.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
The point is that no one told Red to leave, no one asked him to leave.

Yes, that's your point, not mine. I'm making a completly different one that you're missing or choosing to ignore. Instead of addressing my point, you're still stuck on Red bashing.

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »
Wow and I thought all Amigians played nice.

I think we all make our best efforts, but this is earth populated by the same 'ol flawed human bunch isn't it?  :-)

Plaz

Offline Plaz

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
Saying these inflated prices are good for the buyer is laughable.

Preserving more hardware can decrease the rarity of the item there by keeping the prices down.

If everyone threw away their hardware when they tired of it, then what remained may truely reach "collector" status. Ever see the going price of an Apple I?

If you find valuable hardware and give it away for little or no gain, good for you. I prefer to make something more to help fund my hobby, and I'm not a dueche for doing it. Here's my latest true-life axample.... This weekend some one was giving away broken equipment. Of course I went to snatch it up knowing it was worth more to me or some one else. Also knowing that just the bits and peices were probably worth $75 I offered up $40 to take it away. The seller was happy an suprised to get any thing, and I was happy with the pile of junk. When finished I might make $250-300 on the hardware. But first I have to spend time to clean, repair, test and transport it all. There is also a small cost in the parts I will have to replace. Buying for $40 and selling for $300 may look like MASSIVE profit to some. But after 10-20 hours of time and another $50 dollars in parts.... truely I could make more massive profits working hourly at walmart.

Confusing a hobbiest selling his spare hardware, with a business person with operating cost and taxes to concider is also laughable.

Plaz