Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: which connectors needed to make more 16bit ISA slots?  (Read 904 times)

Description:

Offline RetroNinjaTopic starter

which connectors needed to make more 16bit ISA slots?
« on: April 27, 2023, 04:17:02 PM »
    Hello,
    I'd like to increase the number of ISA slots on a Amiga 2000. They come with a default of (2) 16-bit slots and (2) 8-bit slots. I'm looking for the part number to buy a bunch. Originally it was a 36 pin Foxconn ESO 1801 (or 1806). The specs seem to be 2.54mm, 36 pin edge connector, straight through solder, no ears/headers.

Does anyone have either a source they buy theirs from or a current part number? I'd just like to get the correct part the first time out. My concerns are random ones like what should the amp rating be? some connectors use tin (instead of gold) does this matter? are my specs accurate or are there better specs to look for? blah? blah? blah?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:24:40 PM by RetroNinja »

Offline RetroNinjaTopic starter

Re: which connectors needed to make more 16bit ISA slots?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 04:36:20 PM »
I found a 5 pack of these on eBay for $10. They're shipped on a slow boat from China. I'll let peeps know if they work or not.

Some I've found are rated at 2A, some at 3A, and a HPCE (high power connector) rated at 9A. I'm guessing the power rating is not too important? Since this is a 16bit data bus expansion all/most of the power is being pulled through the 8bit side of the connector - that's my hope+guess. Anyone have a source that can thumbs up/down that opinion?