Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Switching monitors between AGA and Voodoo  (Read 3936 times)

Description:

Offline back2skool

• Show all replies
Re: Switching monitors between AGA and Voodoo
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:00:06 AM »
@AWE4K I have a mediator setup and to get around the small problem of manually taking out the cable from the voodoo card and fitting it back in to the scan doubler to play AGA games all you have to do is simply get a two way monitor switch box off ebay and try and get the dwitch box with 3 monitor cables.One cable from the switch box to the monitor of your choice and then the other 2 cables from the switch box going to the scan doubler and the other to the voodoo card.Now when you boot your amiga setup for voodoo out choose on the switch box which letter the cable from the voodoo to the box is like A for example and when you insert an AGA floppy disk game or click on a hard drive AGA game,Once the game starts your voodoo/screen will go blank as soon as you switch the box to B were the cable from the scan doubler is VOILA AGA game playing.As soon as you reboot don't forget to switch back to A voodoo.
This is the most easiest way of switching between AGA+Voodoo without pulling cables.
There is a couple of programs for the amiga/mediator were you can play AGA games through the voodoo with nice/sharper graphics but i could not get a full screen so i stuck to the switch box.

Hope this helps :)