Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NO OS4 BEFORE END OF YEAR!!!  (Read 19058 times)

Description:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: NO OS4 BEFORE END OF YEAR!!!
« on: January 27, 2003, 07:04:16 PM »
Well.. I have no idea if this is true or not. Both cases fit quite well within what I have heard so it's possible to either way. Personally I expect to see a lot of explaining by the time of CeBit... Expecially if they don't have working product by  then.

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 08:25:45 PM »

T_Bone wrote:
DID they announce an official release date of March? (honest question, I've been under a rock ;)

Well.. not Release.. but Launch .. It was on Amiga.Inc site..  A moment..

Ah here..  A joined message of Amiga inc, Hyperion and Eyetech.

So there is no mention of having working product but I really hope they have something real to show at their big launch at CeBit.  :-?

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: To add more gas to the fire....
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 11:50:28 PM »
@argo

If you had ever watched KDH pages before you would have noticed that this announced relelase date must be at least 10th they have now given. I have come to conclusion they don't actually have a clue of real product schedules but announce those dates to keep clients happy and waiting.  :-x

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 07:11:24 AM »

samface wrote:
No, it's a pity some people are so easily fooled into believeing every rumour they hear or read about.

Well.. IHMO Hyperion can blame themselves for most of this.  They did lot's of Hype during last year about how great it'll be .. And made (mostly by Ben Hermans) lot's of promices how ready OS4 is ... And then this all stopped suddenly  months ago. (happened well before Aachen.. Was it an october or so?)

Since then (4 months?), all there have been few screenshots (of 68k running version  I'm been told) and Feature list.  So, in the end. They may have this finished (and unreleased) product in their shelves or not. Personally I belive they would have shown it to public if they had something Demoeable.

I may well be wrong here but I got this feeling that community (at least most of them) will not wait much longer.  Of course there are allways some who will wait at the end of the world, but those are not big number.  

What I expect to see soon  is some clever damage control from Hyperion. I surely hope it includes nice public demo of OS4.  :-)